Edexcel Functional Skills English Level 2
Develop English skills needed in everyday life and work situations. With our Edexcel Functional Skills English Level 2 you can progress your career further or use this qualification as an entry to further studies.
- Fully recognised Edexcel English Functional Skills Level 2
- Communicate English effectively in all forms
- Includes one off telephone support to practice presentation skills
- Understand effective speaking, listening and communication skills
- Improve your reading and writing skills including punctuation and grammar
- Add exams and we will book these for you
- Learn at your own pace, in your own environment
Learn expert speaking, listening and communication skills you can apply to life and the workplace. Understand the rules of writing, grammar and punctuation and improve your reading skills.
With this option, your exams can be included. Just let us know when you are ready and we will book for you!
Please note, you can take this course without completing exams, but you will not receive the full qualification.
Up to 1 year
You will receive your Edexcel Functional Skills Qualification in English Level 2 (you must take the exams to achieve this).
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
2 paper-based exams and 1 practical speaking exam.
- Extracting relevant information
- Following narratives and line of arguments
- Communication information, ideas and opinions
- Making requests and asking questions
- Expressing opinions and arguments
- Using language effectively
- Making relevant and constructive contributions
- Adapting contributions
- Interjecting and redirecting discussions
- Identify key information needed for a range of situations
- Compare information, ideas and opinions
- Identify implicit and inferred meaning
- Understand the relationship between textual features and devices
- Use a range of reference materials and appropriate resources
- Understand organisational features
- Analyses texts of different complexity
- Follow and identify different points of an argument
- Identify different styles of writing and writers voice
- Spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Communicating information, ideas and opinions effectively and clearly
- Writing texts to meet the needs of purpose and audience
- Organising writing for different purposes
- Using different language and register
- Constructing complex sentences
The exam consists of 2 written papers and 1 practical speaking exam.
If you add on exams, these will need to be taken in either our Birmingham, Manchester or London centres.
You have up to 1 full year to complete the course which starts from your enrolment date. During this time, you have access to your course materials and tutor support. You can study at your own pace throughout the year.
On successful completion of this course and your examinations you will receive the Edexcel Functional Skills Qualification in English Level 2.
Edexcel is a highly respected and recognised awarding body and their qualifications allow learners to succeed in life, learning and employment.
Duration: 40 minutes
Assessment format: A 5-minute presentation with question and answer session. A 15-minute formal discussion.
Duration: 75 minutes
Assessment format: Multiple choice, short open response and medium open response questions.
Duration: 60 minutes
Assessment format: 2 set tasks with 42% of marks assessing spelling, grammar and punctuation
Speaking, listening and communicating
There are no formal course requirements, but it is recommended that students are confident using a laptop or computer. This is because some external exam centres may host onscreen only exams.
- Personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
Our Study Pack Option includes:
- Comprehensive study guide
- Open Study College pen and highlighter
- Student study planner
- Document wallet
Yes. In order to achieve the full qualification, you must sit an exam at an external exam centre. If you choose to add on your exams, these will need to be taken at one of our centres in Birmingham, Bolton, Doncaster or London.
If you don’t add on your exams, you will need to book and pay for these yourself.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.