Egyptology Level 3
Explore the fascinating history of Egypt, one of the oldest and most influential civilisations in human history.
- Gain insight into one of the world’s oldest-known civilisations, providing you with a strong base for further studies.
- Study everything from Ancient Egyptian culture, health practices, and transport to iconic monuments and beliefs about the afterlife.
- Learn how to decipher hieroglyphic inscriptions.
This Egyptology course is ideal for anyone looking to unravel the mysteries of Ancient Egypt, understand its rich cultural heritage, and grasp the significant impact it had on the development of human civilisation.
During this course, you’ll study everything from the monumental pyramids to the gods and goddesses of the afterlife. You’ll also learn about the dynastic periods, technological innovations, and architecture that shaped Ancient Egypt.
Up to 1 year.
TQUK Egyptology Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- A general overview of Egypt’s history
- Exploring from the pre-historic (Predynastic) period through to the establishment of Pharaonic Egypt.
- First Dynasty of the Old Kingdom
- New Kingdom, when Egypt was at the height of its power
- Explore the advances and innovations in ancient Egypt during the Dynastic period
- Time and Clocks
- Ancient Surgery
- Mathematics and Astronomy
- The origins of hieroglyphics
- Middle Egyptian hieroglyphics
- Deciphering hieroglyphics
- Decline of Egyptian hieroglyphics
- Ancient Egyptian temples
- Ancient Egyptian pyramids
- Rock-cut tombs
- Colossal statues
- The beginning of Egyptology- Napoleon Bonaparte’s invasion of Egypt (1798-1801)
- Flinders Petrie and the beginning of archaeology
- Howard Carter and the tomb of Tutankhamun
- Late 20th and early 21st century Egyptology
- Building and preparing tombs
- The underworld and the Book of the Dead
- Gods and goddesses of the afterlife
Once enrolled, you have twelve months access to the course content.
Your course will be studied through distance learning meaning you can learn the course at a time and place that suits you. Your course materials can either be emailed online or posted to you as a study pack depending on which you select at enrolment. You will receive your tutor support by email.
You will need to complete six tutor marked assessments during this course. Assessments are internally set and marked by Open Study College with external verification from the awarding organisation.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a level 3 certificate of achievement in Egyptology from TQUK.
TQUK is an awarding organisation recognised by the qualification regulators for England, Wales, and Northern Ireland. The regulators are the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (Ofqual) in England, the Welsh Government in Wales, and the Council for Curriculum, Examinations, and Assessment (CCEA) in Northern Ireland.
TQUK aims to provide qualifications that meet the needs of the industry. They are designed by leading professionals and delivered by centres to their learners with integrity and compliance in mind.
Egyptology is the study of Ancient Egyptian history, language, culture, architecture and everyday life.
You will have twelve months to complete this course.
- Expert personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.