CIMA Cert in Business Accounting (Cert BA)
The Certificate in Business Accounting (Cert BA) is an introductory finance qualification by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) - the world’s largest leading professional body of management accountants.
This course comprises of:
- Fundamentals of Business Economics module BA1
- Fundamentals of Management Accounting module BA2
- Fundamentals of Financial Accounting module BA3
- Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law module BA4
The Cert BA qualification is an ideal introduction to core business and finance skills for individuals with little or no previous accounting knowledge.
With this qualification, students can work as an accounts assistant or in a management consultancy.
This course includes all four modules necessary to achieve the qualification. Successful completion of all four modules and passing the associated exams will result in achieving the Certificate in Business Accounting. Exams will need to be booked and paid for directly with CIMA.
Varies depending on enrolment date.
You will achieve a CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting (Cert BA).
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Factors that effect the level of a countries national income
- The impact of changing economic growth rates and prices on business
- Factors affecting a countries trade with the rest of the World
- Economic goals of various stakeholders and organisations
- Market forces
- Economic and social considerations on the structure of an organisation and the regulation of markets
- Techniques used to communicate business data as information to business stakeholders
- Using business data and analytics for understanding the business context
- Functions of the main financial markets
- Financial mathematical techniques used in business decision-making
- The impact of changes to interest and exchange rates when controlling and measuring business performance
- The importance of ethics to society, business and the professional accountant
- Adopting the highest standards of ethical behaviour
- Regulating ethical behaviour
- Ethical dilemmas and their potential resolution
- The role of corporate governance
- The impact of corporate governance on directors and management structures of corporations
- The role of internal and external audit
- Errors and frauds
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and its role within company reporting
- Contract law and the legal status of contractual terms
- Employment contracts
- Legal status and administration of business organisations
- Principles and concepts of financial accounting
- Impact of the regulatory framework on financial accounting
- Preparing accounting records
- Preparing accounting reconciliations
- Preparing accounting entries for specific transactions
- Preparing accounting adjustments
- Preparing manufacturing accounts
- Preparing financial statements for a single entity
- Identifying information provided by accounting ratios
- Calculating the basic accounting ratios
- The purpose of management accounting
- The role of the Management Accountant
- The role of CIMA as a professional body for Management Accountants
- Cost identification and classification
- Absorption and marginal costing
- Preparing budgets
- Applying variance analysis to reconcile budgeted and actual profits in a marginal format
- Financial and non-financial performance measures
- Preparing accounts and reports for managers
- The impact of risk
- Techniques for short-term decision-making
- Techniques for long-term decision-making
You will need to sit a computer-based exam at the end of each module in order to achieve your overall qualification. Exams are not included in the cost of this course, and should be booked with CIMA.
This course is offered on a distance learning basis, with access to required study materials and unlimited support from your personal tutor via email. Study at your own pace, wherever and whenever you choose.
At the end of this course successful students will achieve a CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting (Cert BA).
The CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting (Cert BA) is a recognised qualification, as well as a route to becoming a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA).
The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) is the world’s largest leading professional body of management accountants, with the most useful accounting qualification for a career in business.
Are there any additional costs?
Exams are not included in the cost of this course. You will need to book and pay for your exams directly with CIMA.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.