CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting – Fundamentals of Financial Accounting module BA3
Take a step towards achieving a Certificate in Business Accounting (Cert BA) from CIMA with this financial accounting module.
- Understand accounting principles, concepts and regulations.
- Develop your knowledge of recording accounting transactions.
- Study how to prepare accounts for single entities.
- Learn more about analysis of financial statements.
This module forms part of the Certificate in Business Accounting (Cert BA), which is an introductory finance qualification by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) – the world’s largest leading professional body of management accountants.
The Cert BA qualification is an ideal introduction to core business and finance skills for individuals with little or no previous accounting knowledge. With this qualification, students can work as an accounts assistant or in a management consultancy.
Successful completion of this Fundamentals of Financial Accounting module course will contribute towards achieving the Certificate in Business Accounting.
Varies depending on enrolment date
You will receive a pass in the Fundamentals of Financial Accounting module
- Principles and concepts of financial accounting
- Impact of the regulatory framework on financial accounting
- Preparing accounting records
- Preparing accounting reconciliations
- Preparing accounting entries for specific transactions
- Preparing accounting adjustments
- Preparing manufacturing accounts
- Preparing financial statements for a single entity
- Identifying information provided by accounting ratios
- Calculating the basic accounting ratios
You will need to sit a computer-based exam at the end of the module in order to achieve a pass towards your overall qualification. Exams are not included in the cost of this module, and should be booked with CIMA.
This course is offered on a distance learning basis, with access to required study materials and unlimited support from your personal tutor via email. Study at your own pace, wherever and whenever you choose.
At the end of this module successful learners will receive a pass in the Fundamentals of Management Accounting module. This pass will count towards your overall Certificate in Business Accounting.
Students who complete all four modules (this module, plus Fundamentals of Business Economics, Fundamentals of Management Accounting, and Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law) will achieve the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting (Cert. BA).
The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) is the world’s largest leading professional body of management accountants, with the most useful accounting qualification for a career in business.
Exams are not included in the cost of this course. You will need to book and pay for your exams directly with CIMA.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.