ACCA Advanced Financial Management ACCA AFM P4 optional module
Complete the final stages of working towards your ACCA qualification and chartered accountant membership with this ACCA AFM P4 optional module in advanced financial management.
- Continue working towards achieving a prestigious qualification that is respected globally thanks to their reputation for excellence with this ACCA AFM P4 Advanced Financial Management module.
- Stand out to potential employers and demonstrate your technical skills, strategic thinking, and commitment to your career.
- Take advantage of the ACCA's dedicated 24-hour support service if you have any questions or need advice during your studies.
This optional ACCA AFM P4 Advanced Financial Management module is designed to help you build on your existing financial management skills gained in earlier modules. If you choose to study this module, you’ll learn more about the role of senior financial executives, evaluating potential investment decisions, and how to plan and assess potential mergers and acquisitions.
To achieve the full ACCA membership qualification you will need to complete this course, as well as 12 other modules. Alternatively, you can achieve your ACCA Strategic Professional qualification by completing the ACCA SBL P1 Strategic Business Leader and ACCA SBR P2 Strategic Business Reporting modules, as well as choosing two of the following optional modules:
- ACCA AFM P4 Advanced Financial Management
- ACCA APM P5 Advanced Performance Management
- ACCA AAA P7 Advanced Audit and Assurance
If you’re looking to simply develop your management accounting knowledge, you can also study this course on its own.
Read our guide to the ACCA course and modules.
Varies depending on enrolment date.
On successful completion of your exam, you will receive a pass in the ACCA AFM P4 Advanced Financial Management module. This pass will count towards the full ACCA qualification.
To study this course, you must have successfully completed both the ACCA Applied Knowledge and Applied Skills exams.
A mixture of progress tests and mock exams to prepare you for your exam. You will need to sit the ACCA exam at the end of this course to pass and continue working towards your qualification.
- The role and responsibility of senior financial executive/adviser
- Financial strategy formulation
- Ethical and governance issues
- Management of international trade and finance
- Strategic business and financial planning for multinational organisations
- Dividend policy in multinationals and transfer pricing
- Discounted cash flow techniques
- Application of option pricing theory in investment decisions
- Impact of financing on investment decisions and adjusted present values
- Valuation and the use of free cash flows
- International investment and financing decisions
- Acquisitions and mergers versus other growth strategies
- Valuation for acquisitions and mergers
- Regulatory framework and processes
- Financing acquisitions and mergers
- Financial reconstruction
- Business reorganisation
- The role of the treasury function in multinationals
- The use of financial derivatives to hedge against forex risk
- The use of financial derivatives to hedge against interest rate risk
- Use computer technology to efficiently access and manipulate relevant information
- Work on relevant response options, using available functions and technology, as would be required in the workplace
- Navigate windows and computer screens to create and amend responses to exam requirements, using the appropriate tools
- Present data and information effectively, using the appropriate tools
During this course, you will complete a number of progress tests and mock exams in preparation for your exam. You will need to sit an exam at the end of this module in order to achieve a pass.
Exams are not included in the cost of this course. You will need to book and pay for your exams directly with ACCA.
Course duration varies depending on when you enrol and start the course.
This course is offered on a distance learning basis, meaning you will have access to your required study materials. You will also have unlimited support from your personal tutor via email. Studying via distance learning means you can fit your studies around your commitments and progress at your own pace.
On successful completion of your exam, will receive a pass in the ACCA AFM P4 Advanced Financial Management module. This pass will count towards your overall ACCA membership and qualification.
ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) are a global body for professional accountants based on international accounting standards. It is currently the world’s largest accountancy body, with nearly 700,000 members and students in 180 countries.
With a network of 83 offices and active centres around the world, the ACCA also have 57 global accountancy partnerships. Within Europe, they are a recognised supervisory body for the purposes of licensing auditors and finance professionals in the European Union.
The skills developed during this course will enable you to apply for the following roles:
- Assistant accountant
- Senior bookkeeper
- Accounts assistant
- Audit trainee
- Credit controller
- Finance assistant
- Finance officer
- Payroll supervisor
- Tax assistant
Take a read of our ‘How to Become an Accountant‘ career guide.
You will need to have successfully completed the exams for both the ACCA Applied Knowledge and ACCA Applied Skills qualifications.
Equivalent qualifications may be accepted. Further information on these can be found on the ACCA website.
Proof of your qualifications must be provided when registering with ACCA as a student.
To achieve the full ACCA qualification, you will need to complete a total of 36 months of work experience in a relevant accounting or finance role. This work will need to be supervised and signed off by a practical experience supervisor.
You can start your work experience at any time and can continue gaining experience after completion of your exams.
Registration fees and exams are not included in the cost of this course. You will need to book and pay for these directly with ACCA.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.