ACCA Strategic Business Leader ACCA SBL P1 module
Complete the final stages of working towards your ACCA qualification and chartered accountant membership with this ACCA SBL P1 module in strategic business leadership.
- Continue working towards achieving a prestigious qualification that is respected globally thanks to their reputation for excellence with this ACCA SBL P1 Strategic Business Leader module.
- Stand out to potential employers and demonstrate your technical skills, strategic thinking, and commitment to your career.
- Take advantage of the ACCA's dedicated 24-hour support service if you have any questions or need advice during your studies.
This ACCA SBL P1 Strategic Business Leader module is designed to develop your organisational leadership and consultancy capabilities. During this course, you’ll learn more about strategic positioning, management reporting, and how to ensure success through innovative thinking.
To achieve the full ACCA membership qualification you will need to complete this course, as well as 12 other modules. Alternatively, you can achieve your ACCA Strategic Professional qualification by completing this module, the ACCA SBR P2 Strategic Business Reporting module, and you will also choose two of the following optional modules:
- ACCA AFM P4 Advanced Financial Management
- ACCA APM P5 Advanced Performance Management
- ACCA AAA P7 Advanced Audit and Assurance
If you’re looking to simply develop your management accounting knowledge, you can also study this course on its own.
Read our guide to the ACCA course and modules.
Varies depending on enrolment date.
On successful completion of your exam, you will receive a pass in the ACCA SBL P1 Strategic Business Leader module. This pass will count towards the full ACCA qualification.
To study this course, you must have successfully completed both the ACCA Applied Knowledge and Applied Skills exams.
A mixture of progress tests and mock exams to prepare you for your exam. You will need to sit the ACCA exam at the end of this course to pass and continue working towards your qualification.
- Qualities of leadership
- Leadership and organisational culture
- Professionalism, ethical codes, and the public interest
- Stakeholder analysis and organisational social responsibility
- Governance scope and approaches
- Reporting to stakeholders
- The board of directors
- Public sector governance
- Concepts of strategy
- Environmental issues
- Competitive forces
- The internal resources, capabilities, and competencies of an organisation
- Strategic choices
- Identification, assessment, and measurement of risk
- Managing, monitoring, and mitigating risk
- Cloud and mobile technology
- Big data and data analytics
- E-business: value chain
- IT systems security and control
- Management and internal control systems
- Audit and compliance
- Internal control and management reporting
- Finance introduction
- Financial analysis and decision-making techniques
- Cost and management accounting
- Enabling success: organising
- Enabling success: disruptive technologies
- Enabling success: talent management
- Enabling success: performance excellence
- Managing strategic change
- Innovation and change management
- Leading and managing projects
- Commercial acumen
During this course, you will complete a number of progress tests and mock exams in preparation for your exam. You will need to sit an exam at the end of this module in order to achieve a pass.
Exams are not included in the cost of this course. You will need to book and pay for your exams directly with ACCA.
Course duration varies depending on when you enrol and start the course.
This course is offered on a distance learning basis, meaning you will have access to your required study materials. You will also have unlimited support from your personal tutor via email. Studying via distance learning means you can fit your studies around your commitments and progress at your own pace.
On successful completion of your exam, will receive a pass in the ACCA SBL P1 Strategic Business Leader module. This pass will count towards your overall ACCA membership and qualification.
ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) are a global body for professional accountants based on international accounting standards. It is currently the world’s largest accountancy body, with nearly 700,000 members and students in 180 countries.
With a network of 83 offices and active centres around the world, the ACCA also have 57 global accountancy partnerships. Within Europe, they are a recognised supervisory body for the purposes of licensing auditors and finance professionals in the European Union.
You will need to have successfully completed the exams for both the ACCA Applied Knowledge and ACCA Applied Skills qualifications.
Equivalent qualifications may be accepted. Further information on these can be found on the ACCA website.
Proof of your qualifications must be provided when registering with ACCA as a student.
To achieve the full ACCA qualification, you will need to complete a total of 36 months of work experience in a relevant accounting or finance role. This work will need to be supervised and signed off by a practical experience supervisor.
You can start your work experience at any time and can continue gaining experience after completion of your exams.
Registration fees and exams are not included in the cost of this course. You will need to book and pay for these directly with ACCA.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.