CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting – Fundamentals of Ethics Corporate Governance and Business Law module BA4
Take a step towards achieving a Certificate in Business Accounting (Cert BA) from CIMA with this ethics, corporate governance and business law module.
- Explore business ethics and ethical conflicts.
- Develop your understanding of corporate governance, controls and corporate social responsibility.
- Study the general principles of the legal system, contract and employment law.
- Learn more about company administration.
This module forms part of the Certificate in Business Accounting (Cert BA), which is an introductory finance qualification by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) – the world’s largest leading professional body of management accountants.
The Cert BA qualification is an ideal introduction to core business and finance skills for individuals with little or no previous accounting knowledge. With this qualification, students can work as an accounts assistant or in a management consultancy.
Successful completion of this Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law module course will contribute towards achieving the Certificate in Business Accounting (Cert BA).
Varies depending on enrolment date
You will receive a pass in the Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law module
- The importance of ethics to society, business and the professional accountant
- Adopting the highest standards of ethical behaviour
- Regulating ethical behaviour
- Ethical dilemmas and their potential resolution
- The role of corporate governance
- The impact of corporate governance on directors and management structures of corporations
- The role of internal and external audit
- Errors and frauds
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and its role within company reporting
- Contract law and the legal status of contractual terms
- Employment contracts
- Legal status and administration of business organisations
You will need to sit a computer-based exam at the end of the module in order to achieve a pass towards your overall qualification. Exams are not included in the cost of this module, and should be booked with CIMA.
This course is offered on a distance learning basis, with access to required study materials and unlimited support from your personal tutor via email. Study at your own pace, wherever and whenever you choose.
At the end of this module successful learners will receive a pass in the Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law module. This pass will count towards your overall Certificate in Business Accounting.
Students who complete all four modules (this module, plus Fundamentals of Business Economics, Fundamentals of Management Accounting and Fundamentals of Financial Accounting) will achieve the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting (Cert. BA).
The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) is the world’s largest leading professional body of management accountants, with the most useful accounting qualification for a career in business.
There may be exemptions depending on what qualifications you already have.
To find out if you are eligible to claim for an exemption use the CIMA exemptions website.
Exams are not included in the cost of this course. You will need to book and pay for your exams directly with CIMA.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.