NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning
Begin your career in education from the comfort of your own home! Study with Open Study College and gain a nationally recognised qualification.
- Gain an understanding of children and young people’s development
- Develop your knowledge in communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Gain the experience to be able to work professionally
- Achieve a career as a Teaching Assistant or working in a school or college setting
- FREE access to the CACHE Alumni for 2 years when you enrol on your course
CACHE (The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education) qualifications specialise in the care and education sector and are the leading industry specialists. This course has been developed by experts, which ensures everything that employers need is covered.
Tthis new NCFE CACHE course has been updated and is part of the new suite of Supporting Teaching and Learning qualifications.
Up to 1 year
Approximately 320 study hours and 100 placement hours.
You will receive your NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Qualification Number: 603/2476/4
- Identify the different types of schools and colleges in the education sector
- Know the organisation of schools and colleges regarding roles and responsibilities
- Understand how schools and colleges put their aims and values into action
- Learn the range and purpose of school and college policies and procedures
- Learn the significant stages of development for children and young people from birth to 19 years
- Understand the influences that affect children and young people’s development
- Know the potential effects of transitions on children and young people’s development
- Learn about safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Understand action to take when children and young people are ill or injured, including emergency procedures
- Know about child protection procedures
- Know about current policies and procedures for confidentiality and sharing information, including data protection
- Know the importance of promoting equality and diversity in a learning environment
- Learn how to contribute to including children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities
- Know how to effectively communicate with children and young people
- Understand the importance of positive relationships with children and young people
- Learn how to build and maintain professional relationships with children and young people
- Know the health and safety legislations in a learning environment
- Be able to contribute to health and safety in a learning environment
- Understand the policies and procedures for promoting children and young people's positive behaviour in a learning environment
- Support positive behaviour from children and young people
- Know how to respond appropriately to inappropriate behaviour
- Understand the importance of teamwork in a learning environment
- Know how to positively contribute to teamwork
- Be able to support work within a team
- Know the nature and importance of play and leisure
- Understand the role you play in relation to leisure and extra-curricular activities
- Be able to support the teacher in classroom and learning activities
- Know how to support children and young people with learning activities
- Learn how to monitor the participation and progress of children and young people
- Know how to support the evaluation of learning activities
- Be able to plan displays for a classroom or learning environment
- Know how to display information
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
This course will take approximately 320 hours to complete. During this course you will also need to complete a recommended 100 placement hours. Students will receive a full year to complete the course, which is a lot more time than you will need. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
You will study this course via distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted to you. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
Upon successful completion of the course you will achieve an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning.
CACHE became part of NCFE in 2015.
CACHE (the Council of Awards in Care, Health and Education) are the UK’s leading awarding organisation for the childcare and social care sectors and are part of the RQF (Regulated Qualifications Framework) which ensures the highest level quality courses and industry recognised qualifications.
Once you have enrolled on your CACHE course, you will be entitled to access the CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years. Please contact our Student Support team for further information on 0330 563100. CACHE Alumni is a Professional Membership Network for those who work in the CACHE industries, providing valuable resources and advice for professional studying towards/with a CACHE qualification.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however, you must be at least 16 years of age. It would also be beneficial for students to have basic IT skills and be fluent in English Language.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Exclusive Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
Yes, you will need to be working or on practical placement as you need to show competence in both knowledge and skills. The recommended number of placement hours for this course is 100 hours. It is important that your work placement follows the National Curriculum at Key Stage 1 or above. It is essential you secure a placement that can provide you with a suitably qualified teacher (holding QTS) who can act as your workplace assessor to provide written observations on your practice (at least 3 are required during your placement). Your workplace assessor will also need to sign off any additional evidence that you provide for assessment relating to your placement.
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded your CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.