CACHE Level 1 Award in Caring for Children
Gain the knowledge and skills you need to care for young children with this CACHE Level 1 Award in Caring for Children course.
- Achieve a nationally recognised CACHE qualification.
- Understand skills required to care for young children, from birth up to the age of five years.
- Gain an appreciation of the wider context in which childcare practitioners work.
- This CACHE Level 1 Award in Caring for Children is ideal for this just starting out in their career in childcare.
- FREE access to the CACHE Alumni membership for two years when you enrol on your course.
This qualification provides students with the knowledge and the skills needed to care for young children. Learn about a child’s growth, learning, and development.
Study the ways in which you can help children to develop their communication and language skills, the health and safety guidance involved in caring for children, and how play can help a child’s learning and development.
This is a nested qualification, meaning students can choose to study either the award, certificate or diploma. Learners studying this course can go on to top up their level 1 award in caring for children to achieve either a certificate or diploma qualification.
Up to one year.
Approximately 80-90 hours.
NCFE CACHE Level 1 Award in Caring for Children.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Patterns and stages of growth for children from birth up to 5 years and 11 months.
- Factors that influence growth and development from birth up to 5 years and 11 months.
- The importance of diet and exercise for children's growth and development.
- Activities that promote children's physical development.
- Ways to help children to develop their communication and language skills.
- Ways to encourage children to play socially.
- Health and safety guidance, symbols, or instructions on young children’s equipment and toys.
- Health and safety instructions on cleaning materials that may be found in a house.
- Health and safety rules, guidelines, or instructions when taking children out into the street and to the park.
- Potential hazards to young children in the home.
- Safety features to ensure young children stay safe in the home.
- Safety equipment or controls which help to keep young children safe when going out for a walk, when in a car, and when in a children’s playground.
- Fire safety equipment that is recommended to be in the house.
- Possible fire hazards to young children and adults in a house.
- Own actions to maintain a young child’s safety if there was a fire in the house.
- Ways to value children as individuals.
- Reasons why children need to be respected as individuals.
- Ways to communicate with children to ensure that they feel valued.
- Behaviour that demonstrates respect and value of children.
- Organisations that promote the rights of children.
- Features of a setting that contributes to a positive learning environment.
- How these features might help children to learn through the use of play activities and strategies.
- Ways in which play can help children’s learning in developmental areas.
- Example of stereotyping in play.
- How a given set of materials, resources, or activities can challenge stereotyping and discrimination.
Your course will be assessed through a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required, so you can complete all of your assessments from home.
This course will take approximately 80-90 hours to complete. Students will receive a full year to complete the course, which is a lot more time than you will need. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to take control of your studies. You can study at your own pace from a place that suits you. All your learning materials will be posted or emailed to you online, depending on the learning method you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only ever a click away.
Upon successful completion of the assignments, you will achieve an NCFE CACHE Level 1 Award in Caring for Children. A certificate will be provided to you as recognition of your achievement.
Who are CACHE?
The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education (CACHE) are the UK’s leading provider of vocational qualifications for those working within care and education. CACHE qualifications are recognised across the education and care industries and they are amongst the most well-known and respected qualifications.
Our range of CACHE vocational qualifications are suitable for individuals involved in early years, education, childcare, and health and social care. All courses lead to a nationally recognised Ofqual regulated qualification and are accredited on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
CACHE works closely with employers and learners to ensure that learners have a progression route whether it’s into further study, a career, or university. These qualifications have helped millions of people obtain the skills and knowledge they need to meet the professional standards required in the care, education, and health industries.
CACHE Alumni membership
Once you have enrolled on your CACHE course, you will have access to the CACHE Alumni membership for two years. CACHE Alumni is a professional membership network for those who work in the care, health, and education industries, providing valuable resources and advice for your studies when working towards/with a CACHE qualification.
After completing this nested qualification, you can choose to study either CACHE Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce or CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People.
For those considering a career in caring for children. The course can also support you with re-engaging with learning and breaking down barriers to you entering the childcare workforce.
You must be aged 14 or over to study this course. You are not required to have any prior experience or qualifications to study this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be flexible to fit around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated student support from our student services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- FREE CACHE Alumni membership for two years.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
You do not need any experience to enrol on this course.
No, everything you need is included in the cost of your course!
You will complete your assignments from home and send your work to your tutor for them to mark. They will return the assignment to you once they have marked it with detailed feedback and pointers for your next assignment.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.