NCFE CACHE Level 1 Certificate in Caring for Children
Boost your knowledge and skills in childcare with this NCFE CACHE Level 1 Certificate in Caring for Children.
- Gain a nationally recognised NCFE CACHE Level 1 Certificate in Caring for Children qualification to kick-start your career
- FREE access to the NCFE CACHE Alumni membership for two years when you enrol.
- Study from home at your own pace.
- Boost your career in childcare with this qualification.
- This NCFE CACHE Level 1 Certificate in Caring for Children is ideal for this just starting out in their career in childcare.
This CACHE Level 1 Certificate in Caring for Children qualification provides students with the knowledge and the skills needed to care for young children. Learn about a child’s growth, learning, and development.
Study the different ways that young children learn; understanding the technological, scientific, and musical activities that are suitable for different age ranges; and how interaction and play can build self-esteem in children.
This is a nested qualification, meaning you can choose to study either the award, certificate or diploma. You can then top up your level 1 certificate in caring for children to achieve a diploma qualification.
Up to one year
NCFE CACHE Level 1 Certificate in Caring for Children.
Approx. 250 hours
- Patterns and stages of growth for children from birth up to 5 years and 11 months.
- Factors that influence growth and development from birth up to 5 years and 11 months.
- The importance of diet and exercise for children's growth and development.
- Activities that promote children's physical development.
- Ways to help children to develop their communication and language skills.
- Ways to encourage children to play socially.
- Health and safety guidance, symbols, or instructions on young children’s equipment and toys.
- Health and safety instructions on cleaning materials that may be found in a house.
- Health and safety rules, guidelines, or instructions when taking children out into the street and to the park.
- Potential hazards to young children in the home.
- Safety features to ensure young children stay safe in the home.
- Safety equipment or controls which help to keep young children safe when going out for a walk, when in a car, and when in a children’s playground.
- Fire safety equipment that is recommended to be in the house.
- Possible fire hazards to young children and adults in a house.
- Own actions to maintain a young child’s safety if there was fire in the house.
- Ways to value children as individuals.
- Reasons why children need to be respected as individuals.
- Ways to communicate with children to ensure that they feel valued.
- Behaviour that demonstrates respect and value of children.
- Organisations that promote the rights of children.
- Features of a setting that contributes to a positive learning environment.
- How these features might help children to learn through the use of play activities and strategies.
- Ways in which play can help children’s learning in developmental areas.
- Example of stereotyping in play.
- How a given set of materials, resources or activities can challenge stereotyping and discrimination.
- Understand the support children need to gain confidence when playing.
- Activities that will help improve a young child's confidence.
- Learn to encourage expression through play.
- How interaction and play can build self-esteem.
- The different ways that young children learn.
- Understanding the importance of identifying the different ways of learning.
- Sensory aids to develop the learning of young children.
- How to encourage children to take part.
- Ways in which the natural world can support learning.
- Why self-development and interest is important.
- How self-development contributes to personal achievement.
- Encouraging self-development, weaknesses, and strengths.
- Recommend science activities for young children of different ages.
- Understand why science activities support learning.
- Learn the health and safety risks with science activities.
- Help and advise young children with science activities.
- Recognise activities and toys within technology for young children.
- Understand which technology activities are suitable for each age range.
- Identify intellectual, physical and language benefits of technology activities.
- Creative musical activities and games for young children.
- Understand which musical activities are suitable for each age range.
- Identify the benefits of musical activities.
- Encourage interaction within musical games and activities.
You will be assessed through a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required, so you can complete all assessments from home.
This course will take approximately 250 hours to complete. You will receive a full year to complete the course, which is a lot more time than you will need. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
You will study this course through distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
Upon successful completion of your assignments, you will achieve an NCFE CACHE Level 1 Certificate in Caring for Children.
Who are NCFE CACHE?
NCFE is a leading provider of vocational and technical courses as well as an educational charity. With over 170 years of experience in providing an outstanding education experience, NCFE work with industry experts to create smarter solutions to the greatest learning needs.
They are one of the largest technical and vocational awarding bodies in the United Kingdom and their qualifications are awarded to thousands of people each year.
In 2015, CACHE (The Council for Awards in Care, Health, and Education) became a part of NCFE.
NCFE CACHE Alumni membership
Once you have enrolled on your NCFE CACHE course, you will have access to the NCFE CACHE Alumni membership for two years. NCFE CACHE Alumni is a professional membership network for those who work in the care, health, and education industries, providing valuable resources and advice for your studies when working towards/with a NCFE CACHE qualification.
After completing this nested qualification, you can choose to study either NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce or NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People.
For those considering a career in caring for children. The course can also support you with re-engaging with learning and breaking down barriers to you entering the childcare workforce.
You must be aged 14 or over to study this course. You are not required to have any prior experience or qualifications to study this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated learner services from our learner services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- FREE NCFE CACHE Alumni membership for two years.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
You do not need any experience to enrol on this course.
No, everything you need is included in the cost of your course!
You will complete your assignments from home and send your work to your tutor for them to mark. They will return the assignment to you once they have marked it with detailed feedback and pointers for your next assignment.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.