NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
Kick-start your career in childcare, from home!
- Gain an understanding of childcare and education, parenting and babysitting.
- Develop your knowledge in supporting a child’s development.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification to kick-start your career.
- Achieve a career in a day care centre, nursery or pre-school setting.
- FREE access to the CACHE Alumni for 2 years when you enrol on your course.
CACHE (The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education) qualifications specialise in the care and education sector and are the leading industry specialists. This course has been developed by experts, which ensures everything that employers need is covered
Up to 1 year
Approximately 160 hours.
You will receive your NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
There are no specific entry requirements for this course
Qualification Number: 600/0336/4
- The role and importance of risk assessment
- Assessing risks when babysitting
- The role of control measures in fire safety and accident preventions
- Responsibilities within babysitting
- Knowing age-appropriate toys for children up to 5 years and 11 months
- Preparing young children for sleep
- Respecting and valuing children as individuals
- Ways to respect and value children
- Knowing that children have rights
- Parental rights in the welfare and upbringing of children
- Parental responsibilities of own children
- Environmental responsibilities of the parents
- Importance of family lifestyles in supporting child development
- Parental responsibilities regarding smoking and health
- The affect alcohol and illegal drugs has on family life
- Sexual health in a healthy lifestyle
- Parental responsibilities when caring for a young baby
- Accessing support required when caring for a young baby
- Recognising and responding to a young baby who is unwell
- Providing safe and stimulating activities for a young baby
- Understanding the stages of development from birth to three years
- Providing positive environments to support the development of young children
- Supporting young children's development by providing for basic needs
- Understanding factors that impact on a person with sensory loss
- Knowing the steps to overcome the factors
- The importance of communication with a person with sensory loss
- Knowing the main causes and results of sensory loss
- Recognising when a person is experiencing sight or hearing loss
- Understanding how to report sensory loss concerns
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
This course will take approximately 160 hours to complete. Students will receive a full year to complete the course, which is a lot more time than you will need. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
You will study this course via distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted to you. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
Upon successful completion of the course you will achieve an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People.
CACHE became part of NCFE in 2015.
CACHE (the Council of Awards in Care, Health and Education) are the UK’s leading awarding organisation for the childcare and social care sectors and are part of the RQF (Regulated Qualifications Framework) which ensures the highest level quality courses and industry recognised qualifications.
Once you have enrolled on your CACHE course, you will be entitled to access the CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years. CACHE Alumni is a Professional Membership Network for those who work in the CACHE industries, providing valuable resources and advice for professional studying towards/with a CACHE qualification.
You must be at least 14 years of age to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years
- Comprehensive study guide
- Exclusive Open Study College pen and highlighter
- Student study planner
- Student notebook
- Document wallet
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded your Level 2 NCFE CACHE Certificate.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.