NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
Kickstart your career in childcare from home with this NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People qualification.
- Achieve a nationally recognised CACHE qualification.
- This NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People is ideal for this just starting out in their career in childcare.
- FREE access to the CACHE Alumni membership for two years when you enrol on your course.
- Study from home at your own pace.
This NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People qualification provides an opportunity to study a range of topics from three main areas: childcare and education, babysitting, and parenting responsibilities. You’ll gain an understanding of young children’s development, healthy lifestyles, respecting and valuing children, and more.
This course is for anyone who hopes to start working towards a career in childcare.
Up to one year.
Approximately 160 hours.
You will receive your NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People.
You must be aged 14 or over to enrol on this course.
Qualification Number: 600/0336/4
- The role and importance of risk assessment
- Assessing risks when babysitting
- The role of control measures in fire safety and accident preventions
- Responsibilities within babysitting
- Knowing age-appropriate toys for children up to 5 years and 11 months
- Preparing young children for sleep
- Respecting and valuing children as individuals
- Ways to respect and value children
- Knowing that children have rights
- Parental rights in the welfare and upbringing of children
- Parental responsibilities of own children
- Environmental responsibilities of the parents
- Importance of family lifestyles in supporting child development
- Parental responsibilities regarding smoking and health
- The affect alcohol and illegal drugs has on family life
- Sexual health in a healthy lifestyle
- Parental responsibilities when caring for a young baby
- Accessing support required when caring for a young baby
- Recognising and responding to a young baby who is unwell
- Providing safe and stimulating activities for a young baby
- Understanding the stages of development from birth to three years
- Providing positive environments to support the development of young children
- Supporting young children's development by providing for basic needs
- Understanding factors that impact on a person with sensory loss
- Knowing the steps to overcome the factors
- The importance of communication with a person with sensory loss
- Knowing the main causes and results of sensory loss
- Recognising when a person is experiencing sight or hearing loss
- Understanding how to report sensory loss concerns
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
This course will take approximately 160 hours to complete. Students will receive a full year to complete the course, which is a lot more time than you will need. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to take control of your studies. You can study at your own pace from a place that suits you. All your learning materials will be posted or emailed to you online, depending on the learning method you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only ever a click away.
Upon successful completion of your assignments and course, you will achieve an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People. A certificate will be provided to you as recognition of your achievement.
Who are CACHE?
The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education (CACHE) are the UK’s leading provider of vocational qualifications for those working within care and education. CACHE qualifications are recognised across the education and care industries and they are amongst the most well-known and respected qualifications.
Our range of CACHE vocational qualifications are suitable for individuals involved in early years, education, childcare, and health and social care. All courses lead to a nationally recognised Ofqual regulated qualification and are accredited on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
CACHE works closely with employers and learners to ensure that learners have a progression route whether it’s into further study, a career, or university. These qualifications have helped millions of people obtain the skills and knowledge they need to meet the professional standards required in the care, education, and health industries.
CACHE Alumni membership
Once you have enrolled on your CACHE course, you will have access to the CACHE Alumni membership for two years. CACHE Alumni is a professional membership network for those who work in the care, health, and education industries, providing valuable resources and advice for your studies when working towards/with a CACHE qualification.
Upon completion of this course, you can progress on to the Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce.
This course is ideal for anyone who aspires to achieve a career in childcare.
You must be aged 14 or over to study this course. You are not required to have any prior experience or qualifications to study this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be flexible to fit around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated learner services from our learner services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- FREE CACHE Alumni membership for two years.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the cost of your course!
You will complete your assignments from home and send your work to your tutor for them to mark. They will return the assignment to you once they have marked it with detailed feedback and pointers for your next assignment.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.