CACHE Level 3 Award in Childcare and Education
Study this CACHE Level 3 Award in Childcare and Education and develop your knowledge of the health, wellbeing, and development of children from conception to seven years old.
- Study from home and start working towards beginning your career in working with children.
- Achieve up to 28 UCAS points for entry into university.
- FREE access to the CACHE Alumni membership for two years when you enrol on your course.
- Achieve a nationally recognised CACHE Level 3 Award in Childcare and Education qualification.
- Study from home at your own pace.
This CACHE Level 3 Award in Childcare and Education is ideal for anyone wanting to start their journey towards working in a childcare setting.
During your studies, you’ll develop an in-depth understanding of a child’s biological and psychological development up until the age of seven, and how to set appropriate milestones. You will also study the physical, emotional, and nutritional requirements of young children, as well as their exercise needs.
If you are hoping to start a career in childcare, once you have completed this course you can then progress to further studies, including the NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) to become a qualified early years educator/nursery nurse.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course. You must be at least 16 years old to enrol on this course.
Up to one year.
NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Childcare and Education.
Approximately 227 hours.
Qualification Number: 601/3998/5
- Biological and psychological development of children from birth to seven years
- Roles of an early years practitioner
- Active steps an early years practitioner take
- Frameworks that can be applied to young children’s development
- Setting appropriate milestones for development
- Physical and emotional needs of young children
- Dietary and nutritional requirements
- Health and safety
- Emotional needs during stressful or transitional moments
- The need for regular exercise
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
In addition to studying your course materials, you will be required to carry out further reading and research to enhance your knowledge of the subject area that you will be studying.
You will receive one year to complete the course, which is a lot more time than you will need. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or sent to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
Upon successful completion of this course, you will achieve an NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Childcare and Education.
Who are CACHE?
The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education (CACHE) are the UK’s leading provider of vocational qualifications for those working within care and education. CACHE qualifications are recognised across the education and care industries and they are amongst the most well-known and respected qualifications.
Our range of CACHE vocational qualifications are suitable for individuals involved in early years, education, childcare, and health and social care. All courses lead to a nationally recognised Ofqual regulated qualification and are accredited on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
CACHE works closely with employers and learners to ensure that learners have a progression route whether it’s into further study, a career, or university. These qualifications have helped millions of people obtain the skills and knowledge they need to meet the professional standards required in the care, education, and health industries.
CACHE Alumni membership
Once you have enrolled on your CACHE course, you will have access to the CACHE Alumni membership for two years. CACHE Alumni is a professional membership network for those who work in the care, health, and education industries, providing valuable resources and advice for your studies when working towards/with a CACHE qualification.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you can progress to studying the Level 3 Diploma for the Early Year’s Workforce in order to become a fully qualified early year’s educator and practitioner. This course alone does not qualify you to work in an early year’s/childcare setting.
You are not required to have any prior experience or qualifications to study this course. You must be at least 16 years of age to enrol on this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adapted to your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated student support from our student services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- FREE CACHE Alumni membership for two years.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
You do not need any experience to enrol on this course.
You will complete your assignments from home and send your work to your tutor for them to mark. They will return the assignment to you once they have marked it with detailed feedback and pointers for your next assignment.
No, everything you need is included in the cost of your course!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.