BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis
If you're looking for an in-depth understanding of business analysis, then this course is perfect for you.
- Understand the important roles within business analysis.
- Develop your knowledge the requirements of each role, including business analysts, managers and subsequent staff.
- Learn to identify and understand the structure, policies and operations of a business.
- Find out more the techniques and tools that a business analyst uses.
This course will allow you to study everything you need to know about business analysis in the comfort of your own home at your own pace.
You decide when and where you learn. So fitting studying around your other commitments is easy and hassle-free.
Start your journey and begin developing your skills and join over 100,000 students that already have.
Up to one year
You will receive a Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis
There are no specific entry requirements for this course
- The origins of business analysis
- The development of business analysis
- The scope of business analysis work
- The role and responsibilities of a business analyst
- Personal traits
- Business knowledge
- Professional techniques
- Competencies development
- Strategy context and definition
- External environment analysis
- Internal environment analysis
- SWOT analysis
- Executing strategy
- Approaching problem solving
- The stages of the business analysis process
- Objectives of the process model stages
- Procedure for each process model stage
- Techniques used within each stage of the process model
- Protocols for interviewing
- Observation and the protocols
- Workshops and the appropriate stages
- Advantages and disadvantages of prototyping
- Quantitative approaches
- Documenting the current situation
- Stakeholder categories and identification
- Analysing stakeholders
- Stakeholder management strategies
- Managing stakeholders
- Understanding stakeholder perspectives
- Business activity models
- The context of an organisation
- Alternative view of an organisation
- Organisational view of business processes
- Value propositions
- Process models
- Evaluating the as-is process model
- How to improve business processes
- Gap analysis
- An introduction to and definition of business architecture
- Techniques of business architecture
- The business case in the project lifestyle
- Assessing project feasibility
- The structure of a business case
- Investment appraisal
- A framework for requirements engineering
- Requirements elicitation and analysis
- Requirements validation
- The requirements documents and catalogue
- Managing requirements
- Delivering the solution
- BA role in the business change lifecycle
- Design stage
- Implementation stage
- Realisation stage
This course is assessed through self-study and an online examination. There are no specific pre-requisites for sitting the examination, but candidates should possess the appropriate level of knowledge to fulfil the objectives.
The format of the examination is a one-hour multiple choice paper consisting of 40 questions. The examination is closed book so no learning materials will be permitted.
You may start at any time and have up to a full year to complete your studies. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be emailed to you online and you will receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis from BCS (British Computer Society). This certification provides foundation-level Business Analysis knowledge. The certification may also be used as the knowledge-based specialist module for the Diploma in Business Analysis.
This course has been accredited by BCS – The Chartered Institute for IT.
BCS are nationally and internationally recognised as a registered charity and professional body that represents those working in the IT industry. It aims to promote communications technology – both the study and application – and to further knowledge for the benefit of professionals and the public.
The course on this page is offered by Training Bytesize, an Accredited Training Organisation of BCS.
This course is based on the BCS publication Business Analysis, 3rd edition, so it is recommended that this text be studied in preparation.
You may start at any time and have up to a full year to complete your studies. This course is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
Yes. Once you have completed the theory components of this course, you will be required to take an examination in order to complete the course. The Business Analysis Foundation exam is available online and can be taken at any point when most convenient for you.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
Once we receive your work, we will mark it and return it to you. On successful completion of the course and online examination, you will be awarded your Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.
You may also like
From £63.40 per month
or from £1800 in full