Beauty Therapy and Make-up Artist QLS Level 3
Do you love everything to do with beauty and make-up? Then this is your chance to develop your skills and knowledge in just that, from home!
- Join a flexible and rewarding career - work in salons, spas, at home or mobile!
- Study a range of beauty therapies including eyelashes, manicure, pedicure and waxing.
- Learn the art of applying make-up for different occasions, from bridal and tanning to fashion, TV and prosthetic effects.
Make-up Artists often learn their skills in Beauty Therapy and can go on to specialise in make-up for stage, TV and film.
This combined course is designed to give you the comprehensive skill set to progress in both the Beauty Therapy and Make-up industries, learning a range of treatments as well as the particular tools and techniques of make-up.
You will also have opportunities throughout the course to develop the professional skills needed to work safely and efficiently within beauty and make-up working environments.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
You can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Up to 2 years.
Approximately 160 hours.
You will receive two Certificates of Achievement in Beauty Therapy and Make-Up Artist Level 3.
- Client consultation
- Body analysis
- Preparation of the area for massage and body treatments
- Classification of movements
- Types of massage
- Electrical and mechanical body treatments
- Cellulite and lymphatic damage
- Anti-ageing skin treatments
- Muscle treatments
- Consultation and advanced skin analysis
- Equipment and effects
- Facial high frequency
- Facial faradic
- Facial microdermabrasion
- The heart
- The lymphatic system
- The nervous system
- The endocrine system
- The skeleton
- The skin
- The spa experience
- Spa reception
- Cleansing and exfoliating the skin
- Cold or chill therapy
- Static/portable heat treatments
- Skin tests
- Water treatments
- Health and safety at work act (HASAW 1974)
- Methods of communication
- Avoiding cross infection
- The reception area
- Welcoming clients
- Dealing with complaints
- Time management
- Retailing and promotions
- Customer legislation
- Emergency procedures and security
- Personal and professional development
- Facial Treatments
- Skin Structure and skin analysis
- Lip and eye make-up cleanse
- Superficial/deep cleanse
- Toning products and procedures
- Client record card and treatment plan
- Contra-indications to treatment
- Mask therapy
- Facial massage
- Eyelash and brow treatments
- Skin test or patch test
- Eyelash tinting and eyelash perming
- Eyebrow tinting and shaping
- False eyelash application and strip lashes
- Semi-permanent mascara
- Make-up consultation
- Record card and treatment plan
- Product formulations
- Labelling of ingredients
- Mineral make-up
- Product use and information
- Client preparation
- Make-up brushes and tools
- Hygienic application of make-up
- General points of good practice
- Make-up application procedure
- Bridal make-up
- Consumer legislation
- Face and body art make-up
- Make-up colours
- Artificial tanning
- Airbrushing techniques
- Nail treatments and enamelling
- Nail art
- Make-up effects and tools
- Media make-up (theatre/fashion/photographic)
- Cosmetic camouflage
- Blood and blood supply
- The lymphatic system
- The skeleton
- Muscle tissue
- The skin (dermis, epidermis)
- Hair (follicles, structure, colour)
- Nerve endings
- Functions of the skin
- Disorders of the skin
- Hygiene and sterilisation
- Salon management
- Health and safety legislation
- Equal opportunities
- Communication and greeting clients
- Appearance and attitude
- Telephone manner and complaint handling
- Treatment of minors
- Data protection
- Teamwork and time management
- Codes of conduct, ethics and practice
- Employee appraisal
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor. There is no external examination required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. This bundle will take you approximately 160 hours. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
The course is designed for distance learning at home or at work. Students will receive all course materials by postal delivery, plus tutor support by email.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Open Study College pen and highlighter
- * Student notebook
You will also receive a FREE make-up kit* including:
- Make-up palette
- Lip brushes
- Mascara brushes
- Eyeliner brushes
As well as a FREE beauty kit* including:
- Emery boards
- Manicure sticks
- Hand lotion
- Mask bush
- Mask removing sponges
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.