Beauty Therapy Level 2
- Choose to add on practical and get 6 days of practical training
- Learn how to apply many treatments from facials, manicures, pedicures, warm waxing, and make-up
- Choose from a range of centres throughout the UK in major cities to attend your practical days
- Offer a range of beauty treatments
- Understand the health and safety procedures of working in beauty
Beauty Therapy is a huge industry and has become a popular career choice for both women and men in recent years. Beauty therapists can work in salons, therapy centres or spas. They may also work independently, giving beauty treatments to clients at home.
If you add the practicals on, you will get 6 days of practical training, and beauty equipment and kits to take with you! You will also be accredited by Professional Beauty Direct.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 80 hours (for theory).
You will receive your Certificate of Achievement in Beauty Therapy Level 2.
You must be at least 16 years of age.
Series of written assignments. Optional practical training.
- Relevant legislations
- Preparing the working area
- Preventing infection and cross-contamination
- Key requirements of personal presentation
- Contraindications that may prevent or restrict treatment
- The importance of conducting consultations before every treatment
- Methods of communication
- Ethics and codes of conduct
- Professional bodies
- Key points associated with beauty therapy
- The importance of positive working relationships with other professionals
- Hazards and risks in the workplace
- Reducing risk in the workplace
- Improving personal performance at work
- Role of a beauty therapist
- Key salon procedures
- Importance of client care
- Retaining customers
- Promoting additional services or products
- Role of the receptionist
- Handling enquiries and appointments
- Client consultations and treatment plans
- Functions of the skin and skin types
- Facial massage techniques
- Aftercare advice for facial treatment
- Nail structure
- Performing a manicure and pedicure
- Aftercare advice for manicure and pedicure
- Contraindications of the eye
- Eyebrow shaping
- Eyebrow and eyelash tinting
- Applying false eyelashes
- Aftercare advice for eyelash and eyebrows
- Hair structure and growth cycle
- Types of hair removal
- Waxing treatments
- Working safely with make-up
- Make-up consultations
- Make-up contraindications
- Applying make-up
- Aftercare advice for make-up
- Analyse skin types
- Apply a mask
- Applying a manicure
- Applying a pedicure
- All areas of facial waxing
- All areas of body waxing
- Using the ‘pot’ and ‘spatula’ system
- Skin product and preparation
- Concealer techniques
- Blush and bronzer application tips
- How to make-up last all day
- Natural and smoky eye shadow application
- Eyelash curling
- Mascara Application
- Lipstick application
- Effective hair removal techniques and brow design
- Lash and brow tinting, brow waxing, threading, shaping and lightening
- Mapping, tinting and shaping brows, tinting lashes
- Health and safety knowledge and procedure
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments. These assignments will then be sent and marked by your tutor. If you add on the practical days, your coursework must be completed before you can proceed onto the 6 days of practical training.
Once enrolled, you can start at any time and have up to 1 year to complete your studies. This course will allow you to study at your own pace and in your own time, without the pressure of tight deadlines. This means that learning around your other commitments is stress-free and convenient.
You will study this course through distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or sent to you via email, so receiving your materials is easy. You will also receive personal tutor support by email, so help is only a click away. All coursework can be submitted by either post or email making it simple and hassle-free.
If you add on the practical days, you will also need to attend 6 practical training days, at a choice of centres to throughout the UK in major cities. The practical days do not need to be taken consecutively, in order to accommodate to your life and work commitments. This enables you to choose when and where the practicals take place.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement by ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (This lists details of all the units you have completed as part of your course).
If you add on the practical days, your practical days will be accredited by Professional Beauty Direct.
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education.
For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
The course depth and study has been benchmarked at Level 2 against level descriptors published by Ofqual.
Professional Beauty Direct have arranged insurance cover for over 11,000 salon owners and individual beauticians, nail technicians and hair stylists, most of which now manage their policies online. Once accredited, you will benefit from being affiliated to Professional Beauty and Professional Beauty Direct Insurance.
For the theory aspects of this course (Beauty Therapy Level 2) you do not need any previous knowledge. You should be at least 16 years old to enrol onto this course.
If you add on the practical days, the practical days’ requirements are as follows:
- Facial: No previous skills or knowledge required. You may be required to provide your own model who should be at least 16 years old.
- Manicure and Pedicure: No previous skills or knowledge required. You will receive a kit which will be delivered to you when you are booked onto this practical. You need to bring this with you on the day.
- Warm Waxing: No previous skills or knowledge required. You must ensure you have a minimum of 3mm hair growth.
- Make-Up: No previous skills or knowledge required. You may be required to provide your own model who should be at least 16 years old.
- Lash and Brow: No previous skills or knowledge required. You will receive a kit which will be delivered to you when you are booked onto this practical. You need to bring this with you on the day.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
Once you have passed your written assignments, you may book your practical days. You have the choice of centres to attend your practical training days. Simply call us whenever you’re ready and we’ll help arrange this for you. Some of the practical days require kits, which is why we will send these out to you once you are booked onto your practical day.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- (If you add on practical day) Kits worth over £200
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- Comprehensive study guide*
- Ballpoint pen and highlighter*
- Student study planner*
- Student notebook*
- Document wallet*
- *FREE Beauty Kit including:
- Emery boards
- Manicure sticks
- Hand lotion
- Mask brush
- Mask removing sponges
* Not included with the online study option
If you add on the practicals, you will also have access to a Student Trade Card. This gives you access to trade prices, high-quality products that would ordinarily only be available to professionals, exclusive offers and promotions on certain products, PLUS VAT free events throughout the year!
No. We will issue your certification based on your coursework. The practical sessions will also be assessed if you have added these but there is no sit down exam.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.