Beauty Therapy QLS Level 2
- Learn how to apply many treatments from facials, manicures, pedicures, warm waxing, and make-up.
- Offer a range of beauty treatments.
- Understand the health and safety procedures of working in beauty.
Beauty Therapy is a huge industry and has become a popular career choice for both women and men in recent years. Beauty therapists can work in salons, therapy centres or spas. They may also work independently, providing beauty treatments to clients at home.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 80 hours (for theory).
You will receive your Certificate of Achievement in Beauty Therapy Level 2.
You must be at least 16 years of age.
Series of written assignments.
- Relevant legislations
- Preparing the working area
- Preventing infection and cross-contamination
- Key requirements of personal presentation
- Contraindications that may prevent or restrict treatment
- The importance of conducting consultations before every treatment
- Methods of communication
- Ethics and codes of conduct
- Professional bodies
- Key points associated with beauty therapy
- The importance of positive working relationships with other professionals
- Hazards and risks in the workplace
- Reducing risk in the workplace
- Improving personal performance at work
- Role of a beauty therapist
- Key salon procedures
- Importance of client care
- Retaining customers
- Promoting additional services or products
- Role of the receptionist
- Handling enquiries and appointments
- Client consultations and treatment plans
- Functions of the skin and skin types
- Facial massage techniques
- Aftercare advice for facial treatment
- Nail structure
- Performing a manicure and pedicure
- Aftercare advice for manicure and pedicure
- Contraindications of the eye
- Eyebrow shaping
- Eyebrow and eyelash tinting
- Applying false eyelashes
- Aftercare advice for eyelash and eyebrows
- Hair structure and growth cycle
- Types of hair removal
- Waxing treatments
- Working safely with make-up
- Make-up consultations
- Make-up contraindications
- Applying make-up
- Aftercare advice for make-up
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments. These assignments will then be sent and marked by your tutor.
Once enrolled, you can start at any time and have up to 1 year to complete your studies. This course will allow you to study at your own pace and in your own time, without the pressure of tight deadlines. This means that learning around your other commitments is stress-free and convenient.
You will study this course through distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or sent to you via email, so receiving your materials is easy. You will also receive personal tutor support by email, so help is only a click away. All coursework can be submitted by either post or email making it simple and hassle-free.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement by The Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (This lists details of all the units you have completed as part of your course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education.
The course depth and study has been benchmarked at Level 2 against level descriptors published by Ofqual.
For the theory aspects of this course (Beauty Therapy Level 2) you do not need any previous knowledge. You should be at least 16 years old to enrol on this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- Comprehensive study guide*
- Ballpoint pen and highlighter*
- Student study planner*
- Student notebook*
- Document wallet*
- *FREE Beauty Kit including:
- Emery boards
- Manicure sticks
- Hand lotion
- Mask brush
- Mask removing sponges
* Not included with the online study option.
No. We will issue your certification based on your coursework.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.