Beauty Therapy and Beauty Salon Management QLS Level 3
Develop your skills in beauty therapy and salon management, from home!
- Learn knowledge in both beauty therapy and salon management.
- Theory knowledge course, giving you a boost on your CV.
- Understand base knowledge needed to offer beauty treatments.
- Insight into managing a salon.
- Learn at your own pace, in your own environment.
Beauty Therapists typically offer a wide range of beauty treatments and products, usually working in salons, therapy centres or spas.
The salon industry remains a growth area in the UK and is now a prominent feature of the modern high street, creating jobs and business opportunities.
On this course you will learn how to provide a wide range of beauty treatments as well as developing the business and management skills required to set up and run a salon.
Up to 2 years.
Approximately 160 hours.
You will receive two Certificates of Achievement in Beauty Therapy Level 3 and Beauty Salon Management Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Beauty Therapy QLS Level 3
- Client consultation
- Body analysis
- Preparation of the area for massage and body treatments
- Classification of movements
- Types of massage
- Electrical and mechanical body treatments
- Cellulite and lymphatic damage
- Anti-ageing skin treatments
- Muscle treatments
- Consultation and advanced skin analysis
- Equipment and effects
- Facial high frequency
- Facial faradic
- Facial microdermabrasion
- The heart
- The lymphatic system
- The nervous system
- The endocrine system
- The skeleton
- The skin
- The spa experience
- Spa reception
- Cleansing and exfoliating the skin
- Cold or chill therapy
- Static/portable heat treatments
- Skin tests
- Water treatments
- Health and safety at work act (HASAW 1974)
- Methods of communication
- Avoiding cross infection
- The reception area
- Welcoming clients
- Dealing with complaints
- Time management
- Retailing and promotions
- Customer legislation
- Emergency procedures and security
- Personal and professional development
Beauty Salon Management QLS Level 3
- The business plan
- Phone numbers
- Websites and email
- Profit and loss accounts
- Market research
- Business objective
- Mission statement
- Further knowledge and legislation
- The process of recruitment
- Equal opportunities
- Job advertisements
- Making the job offer
- Employee rights
- Health and safety
- Salon cleanliness
- Trust and confidentiality
- A client visits step-by-step
- Income and expenditure
- The cash register
- Petty cash
- Cheque books
- Different styles of promotional material
- Promoting the salon to potential markets
- Consumer and market research
- Customer questionnaires
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. This bundle will take you approximately 160 hours. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
The course is designed for distance learning at home or at work. Students will receive all course materials by postal delivery or email, plus tutor support by email.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive two Certificates of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
• Dedicated personal tutor support
• Dedicated student support
• Assignment marking and feedback
• FREE CV critique service
• FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
• FREE XO Student Discounts card
• *Comprehensive study guide
• *Exclusive Open Study College pen and highlighter
• *Student study planner
• *Student notebook
• *Document wallet
You will also receive a FREE beauty kit* including:
- Emery boards
- Manicure sticks
- Hand lotion
- Mask brush
- Mask removing sponges
* Not included with the online study option
No. We will issue certification based on your coursework alone.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your assignments to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will be receive a Certificate of Achievement in Beauty Therapy Level 3 and a Certificate of Achievement in Beauty Salon Management Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.