Anatomy and Physiology Level 3
Are you interested in developing your knowledge further in anatomy and physiology? Well with this course you can do just that, from home!
- Identify and explain the 6 levels of structural organisations of the body
- Understand that the nervous system is a complex network of nerves and cells that carry messages to and from the brain and spinal cord to various parts of the body
- Identify the different organs that function the respiratory system and are responsible for taking in oxygen and expelling carbon dioxide
- Explore how the circulatory system permits blood to circulate around the body
- Understand how the immune system protects us against diseases
- Study the digestive system and how its organs work together to convert food into energy and basic nutrients to feed the entire body
- Explore the functions of the endocrine system and how it collects glands that produce hormones
- Develop knowledge about the reproductive system and explore both female and male functions
- Learn about the function and different parts of the urinary system, such as the kidneys, ureters, bladder, and the urethra
The course will allow you to study whenever you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by either post or email making it easier and hassle-free.
All of the materials will be delivered to you, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you advice and helping you through your course.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Anatomy and Physiology Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor Marked Assignments.
- Anatomical regions and planes
- Directional terminology
- Cell structure, function and division
- Types of tissue found in the body
- Structure and function of the skeleton
- Different muscle types in the body
- Actions of different muscles
- Structure and function of the nervous system
- Function and structure of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems
- Function of blood in the body
- Process of gas exchange in internal and external respiration
- Function of the heart
- Main structures and function of the digestive system
- How food is processed by the digestive system
- Main structures and function of the endocrine system
- Function of hormones in the body
- Structure and function of the skin
- Structure and function of the nails and hair
- Main structures and function of the immune system
- How the lymphatic system fights pathogens
- Key structures and functions of the male and female reproductive systems
- Journey of an egg from the ovary to fertilisation or menstruation
- Main structure and functions of the renal system
- The three stages of filtration in the kidneys
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments. These assignments will then be sent and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required for this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
This course will allow you to work at home or at work. All materials for the course will be received by post. You will also get award-winning tutor support by email. So, help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website. This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have up to a year to complete this course. This course is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
• Dedicated personal tutor support
• Dedicated student support
• Assignment marking and feedback
• FREE CV critique service
• FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
• FREE XO Student Discounts card
• *Comprehensive study guide
• *Open Study College pen and highlighter
• *Student study planner
• *Student notebook
• *Document wallet
*Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.