AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting Level 2
Kickstart your accounting career by studying towards an accredited, industry recognised AAT qualification in accounting.
- Achieve an accounting qualification with one of the most respected and widely known awarding bodies in the UK and abroad
- AAT qualifications are recognised both internationally and by all UK chartered and certified accounting bodies
- Accountants who hold an AAT qualification are highly sought after by companies ranging from small businesses to large multinational companies
- Accounting is a flexible profession that allows you to work either within a company or as a freelance accountant
This course focuses on a range of basic accounting practices and techniques. It is ideal if you are new to accountancy, or if you already have some experience of working in finance and are keen to develop your career.
As well as your AAT course materials and tutor support, this package course includes the examination fees required to successfully complete your course and gain your AAT qualification.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 240 study hours.
On successful completion of your AAT exams you will receive a Certificate awarded by The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT).
You must be at least 16 years old.
4 unit exams and 1 synoptic assessment.
- Understand financial transactions within a bookkeeping system
- Processing customer transactions
- Processing supplier transactions
- Processing receipts and payments
- Processing transactions through the ledgers to the trial balance
- Understanding payment methods
- Understanding controls in a bookkeeping system
- Using control accounts
- Using the journal
- Reconciling a bank statement with the cash book
- Understand an organisation’s cost recording system
- Using a cost recording system to record or extract data
- Understanding an organisation’s finance function
- Using numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Working independently or in a team to prioritise tasks and manage colleagues’ responsibilities
- Understanding ethical values, principles and importance of confidentiality
- Understanding and explaining benefits to organisations of sustainable values
- Recording and processing customer and supplier transactions
- Recording and reconciling bank and cash transactions
- Processing and using journals to enter accounting transactions
- Production of reports for customer and suppliers
- Production of a trial balance and general ledger reports