AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting Level 2
AAT008 / AAT027
Kickstart your accounting career by studying this accredited, industry-recognised AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting Level 2.
- Achieve this AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting Level 2 qualification from one of the most respected and widely-known awarding bodies worldwide.
- AAT qualifications are recognised both internationally and by all UK chartered and certified accounting bodies.
- Accountants with an AAT qualification are highly sought after by companies of all sizes.
- Ideal for those hoping to start their career in accounting.
- Study from home at your own pace.
- If you add on your exams, we will book and pay for them for you!
This AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting Level 2 course has been designed for those with little to no experience or knowledge of accounting, who wish to achieve a career in the field.
The course will help you get to grips with bookkeeping basics such as transactions and controls, as well as how organisations record costs and how to use accounts software that will record and process transactions.
AAT is the world’s leading professional membership body for accounting technicians, working with members around the world. Their accounting courses are highly sought-after and as an AAT qualification, this accredited accounting qualification will help you to progress your career.
You will need to complete your AAT exams to complete and achieve your qualification. You can choose to add your AAT exams on to your enrolment. If you do not add your exams to your enrolment, you will be responsible for booking and paying for your exams.
Up to one year.
Approximately 240 study hours.
On successful completion of your AAT exams, you will receive an AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting Level 2.
You must be at least 16 years old.
Four unit exams and one synoptic assessment.
- Understand financial transactions within a bookkeeping system
- Processing customer transactions
- Processing supplier transactions
- Processing receipts and payments
- Processing transactions through the ledgers to the trial balance
- Understanding payment methods
- Understanding controls in a bookkeeping system
- Using control accounts
- Using the journal
- Reconciling a bank statement with the cash book
- Understand an organisation’s cost recording system
- Using a cost recording system to record or extract data
- Understanding an organisation’s finance function
- Using numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Working independently or in a team to prioritise tasks and manage colleagues’ responsibilities
- Understanding ethical values, principles and importance of confidentiality
- Understanding and explaining benefits to organisations of sustainable values
- Recording and processing customer and supplier transactions
- Recording and reconciling bank and cash transactions
- Processing and using journals to enter accounting transactions
- Production of reports for customer and suppliers
- Production of a trial balance and general ledger reports
The qualification is assessed through four unit exams and one synoptic assessment, which you will complete at the end of your course. This computer-based exam must be sat under controlled conditions at an external examination centre. The four unit assessments will be available on-demand throughout the year, while the synoptic assessments are available on set dates throughout the year. Your tutor will be able to help you decide when you are ready to take the assessments.
You will also have nine tutor-marked assessments to complete that will help you track your progress and you can complete these in as much or as little time as you need.
Booking your assessments
You can choose to add your exams on to your enrolment. If you choose this option, we will book and pay for your exams for you. Our partner exam centres for students choosing to book their exams through us are based in Birmingham or Irthlingborough near Northampton. When choosing to add your exams to your enrolment, it is important to note that we are only able to book your exams at the specified centres in either Birmingham or Irthlingborough, and therefore, you must be prepared to travel to one of those centre to complete your exam.
This bundle course will take you approximately 240 hours to complete. To allow you to study at your own pace, you will have up to one year to complete your course which is more than enough time.
Once you have enrolled, you will receive all course materials by post. You will study this course through distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you.
You will also receive unlimited tutor support via email for twelve months.
Once you have registered with AAT for your student membership, you will have access to their library of online resources and additional support materials, including sample assessments to help you prepare for your exams.
We will send an email with a link to download the free Sage software.
Once you have successfully completed your exams and assessments, you will receive your AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting Level 2 from The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT).
The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) has been established for over 30 years and is the world’s leading professional membership body for over 130,000 accounting professionals. AAT’s vocational qualifications are recognised internationally and by all chartered and certified accountancy bodies in the UK.
You must be 16 years old to enrol on this course, as well as have basic maths and IT skills. You will also need an internet connection to allow you to download the free software.
- FREE Sage Accounts software (downloadable via a link we’ll send by email).
- Comprehensive study guide.
- Dedicated personal tutor support by email.
- Dedicated student support.
- Assignment marking and feedback.
- Exclusive Open Study College study pack.
- FREE CV critique service.
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers.
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership.
The Sage software will only work on computers which run Windows 7 or higher, therefore Sage will not run on Windows XP. Sage software will not run on any Apple Macintosh computer. Please email us for full specification and compatibility details. The free software is provided as a download so you will need to ensure that you have an internet connection.
To sit your exams, you must join AAT as a student member, which will then give you access to their resources. If you add your exams to your enrolment, these are included within the cost. However, if you choose to book your exams separately, you must book and pay for these yourself.
More information on fees can be found on the AAT website.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.