PC Technology Level 3
Do you see yourself making a career in IT? Then this PC Technology Level 3 could be perfect for you.
- Understand the components and maintenance of computer hardware.
- Develop your knowledge of the Windows operating system.
- Enhance your knowledge of how to diagnose hardware problems and troubleshooting mobile devices.
- Study common security threats and security system best practices.
This PC Technology Level 3 course has been professionally designed to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the latest PC technologies and how they can be used to enhance your personal and professional life.
Throughout the course, you’ll learn about the latest hardware and software technologies, including the latest developments in computer architecture, operating systems, and applications. You’ll gain a deep understanding of how these technologies work, and how they can be used to improve the performance and functionality of your computer.
You’ll also learn about the latest trends in PC technology, including the rise of cloud computing, the use of mobile devices, and the latest developments in cybersecurity. You’ll explore these topics in depth, and learn how they are shaping the future of the PC industry.
Whether you’re looking to improve your personal computer skills, or are interested in pursuing a career in IT, this course is perfect for you.
With an experienced tutor on hand to guide you through the course, they will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to become a proficient user of PC technology.
With everything you need at the click of a button in your own personal online platform, you can learn whenever and wherever is most convenient to you.
Join over 120,000 people that have studied with us and enrol with us today. Home learning couldn’t be easier!
Upon successful completion of this course, you will able to use it towards your university application. We recommend that you check with your chosen University that they accept this qualification as part of their entry requirements. If after, you’re looking to enhance your IT knowledge even further, take a look at the other IT and computer courses we offer.
Here are some job titles within IT:
- Software developer
- Network administrator
- Database administrator
- Cybersecurity analyst
- IT Support technician
- Systems analyst
- Cloud architect
- Technical writer
- IT project manager
- IT consultant
Up to one year.
Approximately 100 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Understanding PC Technology Level 3.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Practical programming assignments and coursework.
- Introduction to getting started
- A history of computer technology
- Computer numbering systems
- Computer numbering systems
- Overview of PC hardware components
- Overview of PC operating systems
- Overview of peripheral hardware devices
- Securing your PC
- Glossary of important terms
- The system unit and power supply
- Important motherboard components
- Input devices
- Storage devices
- Display devices
- Peripheral devices
- Laptops, tablets and smartphones
- Installing display devices
- Installing input devices
- Installing output devices
- Installing I/O devices
- Installing expansion cards
- Installing CPUs and power supplies
- Installing storage devices
- Safety information and toolkit essentials
- Dealing with boot failure
- Diagnosing disk drive problems
- Diagnosing Windows problems
- Useful diagnostic tools
- Hardware and software conflicts
- Preventative maintenance
- Laptop components
- Laptop maintenance guidelines
- External laptop hardware devices
- Other mobile devices
- Mobile accessories and ports
- Troubleshooting mobile devices
- Introduction to computer networks
- Network types
- Network components
- Introducing TCP/IP
- Internet connections
- Ports and protocols
- Networking tools
- Security issues
- Introduction to the internet
- Security on the internet
- Connecting to the internet
- Search engine technologies
- An introduction to email
- An introduction to HTML
- Understanding cascading style sheets
- Operating system fundamentals
- The evolution of Windows
- Installing and configuring Windows
- Start menu, taskbar and desktop
- Clipboard, Explorer and launching apps
- Control panel and accessories
- Setting up printers and scanners
- Automatic maintenance
- Optimizing Microsoft Windows
- Backup and restore system data
- Disk storage maintenance
- Installing software updates
- Other operating systems
- Common security threats
- System security best practices
- Firewalls and other security devices
- Mobile security controls
- Windows 10 built-in security
- Network and wireless security
You will be assessed throughout this course via practical programming assignments and coursework. At the end of each lesson, you will also be provided with a review and quiz, as well as an assignment.
You may start at any time and have up to a full year from enrolment to complete your studies. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines. This course has approximately 100 hours self-study time.
You will study this course through distance learning, which means you can learn at a time and place to suit you.
Providing the assignments have been completed to the required standards, upon the successful completion of this course students will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Understanding PC Technology Level 3 Open Awards Quality Endorsed Unit Course Certificate with eight Open Awards Credits.
There are no requirements to enrol on this course, however, you must have a good working knowledge of computers and be comfortable using them.
You have up to a year to complete this course from the start of your enrolment, giving you enough time to study at your own pace.
No, this course is assessed through tutor-marked assignments.
No. Everything is included within the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.