Men’s Cutting Course – Short Back and Sides
Would you like to take your first step into opening your own barbers or hair salon? Then this Men's Cutting Course - Short Back and Sides is the one for you.
- Develop your barbering skills with this introduction to cutting men’s hair.
- Ideal for those just out of college or experienced stylists who want to build a male client base.
- Study online from the comfort your own home.
- Submit your assessments online.
To state the obvious, a short back and sides is a haircut in which the back and sides are cut short while leaving it longer on top. It has been the classic mail haircut for over a century.
It is still such a diverse haircut as it includes a range of lengths, styling methods, and cutting techniques, while all being incredibly popular.
You can develop your barbering skills with this introduction to cutting men’s hair.
This course is ideal for those who have recently left college or experienced stylists who are looking to develop their male client base.
With course tutorials from Dale Ted Watkins and Stacey Broughton, you’ll learn a variety of barbering skills to allow you to create five classic male haircuts that will impress your male clients.
An MHDPro Certificate of Recognition and 10 hours CPD.
This course is assessed and certified by Beauty Tribe.
There are no pre-requisites to study this course, however you will need a reliable internet connection, hairstyling tools, Bluetooth headphones, and a test head (available from retailers such as Amazon).
- This first lesson will help you to understand basic layering skills and styling a tailored fringe. Techniques covered include blunt and point cutting, layering, and shading, showing you how to master the basic uniform layer. This is a classic men’s cuts and is easily adaptable to suit each of your clients’ needs.
- Learn how to create the traditional short back and sides (also known as the crew cut) in this lesson. You will learn how to use the clippers-over-comb technique to create a square refined shape, with an emphasis on the connection of the top lengths and placement of corners. You will also get to grips with the scissors-over-comb technique to tailor the fringe area.
- In this lesson, you will use the techniques you have mastered in the previous two lessons. You will learn how to use your scissors-over-comb technique throughout the top, tailoring it to your client using razoring and freehand cutting.
- In this tutorial, you will learn all about the short, flat, graduated shape. Leveraging techniques including scissors-over-comb and clippers-over-comb, you will combine graduation, layering, and disconnection to create a neat backdrop. This is a versatile style, which can be worn up in a flat quiff or smoothed down for a more formal finish.
- In this final lesson, you will be shown how to create the beautifully blended and meticulously crafted clipper guard crop. An essential for barbers, you will learn how to combine clipper cutting, clippers-over-comb, tension, and graduation to achieve a tailored look. Your clients will love this clean, sculpted style.
Once enrolled, you can start studying at any time. You will also have as much time as you need to complete the course.
You will study this Men’s Cutting Course – Short Back and Sides through distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be sent online, so receiving your materials is easy. You will work through the online tutorials at your own pace, uploading photographs of your completed work.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive an MHDPro Certificate of Recognition and this course counts towards 10 hours of CPD.
Each lesson will have an online video for you to work through. After you have watched the video, you are required to submit photos of your completed work and upload them to the learning portal alongside a statement outlining the key things you have learnt.
Your tutor will then provide detailed feedback and include areas you can improve on if required.
Through this Men’s Cutting Course – Short Back and Sides, you will be able to display your certificate of achievement within your salon or across your social media channels to demonstrate your new skills to current and prospective clients.
You are not required to have any previous skills or experience to complete this Men’s Cutting Course – Short Back and Sides.
You will have an unlimited amount of time to complete this Men’s Cutting Course – Short Back and Sides.
No. We will issue certification based on your online coursework alone.
You will submit your assignments online on the portal. A tutor will mark your work and provide you with feedback on areas you could improve on.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.