Beauty Therapy Level 2 and 3
Beauty Therapy is a growing industry and has become a popular career choice in recent years.
- Learn how to offer a range of therapies including make-up, eyelashes manicures and waxing
- Add on practical day for level 2 course
- At Level 3 you will have the opportunity to learn about more complex therapies, such as anti-ageing electrical treatments and microdermabrasion
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
You can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
If you add the practicals on this is for the level 2 part of the course only. You will get 6 days of practical training, and beauty equipment and kits to take with you! You will also be accredited by Professional Beauty Direct in Beauty Therapy Level 2.
Up to 2 years.
Approximately 160 hours.
Beauty Therapy Level 2 and 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Beauty Therapy Level 2
- Relevant legislations
- Preparing the working area
- Preventing infection and cross-contamination
- Key requirements of personal presentation
- Contraindications that may prevent or restrict treatment
- The importance of conducting consultations before every treatment
- Methods of communication
- Ethics and codes of conduct
- Professional bodies
- Key points associated with beauty therapy
- The importance of positive working relationships with other professionals
- Hazards and risks in the workplace
- Reducing risk in the workplace
- Improving personal performance at work
- Role of a beauty therapist
- Key salon procedures
- Importance of client care
- Retaining customers
- Promoting additional services or products
- Role of the receptionist
- Handling enquiries and appointments
- Client consultations and treatment plans
- Functions of the skin and skin types
- Facial massage techniques
- Aftercare advice for facial treatment
- Nail structure
- Performing a manicure and pedicure
- Aftercare advice for manicure and pedicure
- Contraindications of the eye
- Eyebrow shaping
- Eyebrow and eyelash tinting
- Applying false eyelashes
- Aftercare advice for eyelash and eyebrows
- Hair structure and growth cycle
- Types of hair removal
- Waxing treatments
- Working safely with make-up
- Make-up consultations
- Make-up contraindications
- Applying make-up
- Aftercare advice for make-up
- Analyse skin types
- Apply a mask
- Applying a manicure
- Applying a pedicure
- All areas of facial waxing
- All areas of body waxing
- Using the ‘pot’ and ‘spatula’ system
- Skin product and preparation
- Concealer techniques
- Blush and bronzer application tips
- How to make-up last all day
- Natural and smoky eye shadow application
- Eyelash curling
- Mascara Application
- Lipstick application
- Effective hair removal techniques and brow design
- Lash and brow tinting, brow waxing, threading, shaping and lightening
- Mapping, tinting and shaping brows, tinting lashes
- Health and safety knowledge and procedure
Beauty Therapy Level 3
- Client consultation
- Body analysis
- Preparation of the area for massage and body treatments
- Classification of movements
- Types of massage
- Electrical and mechanical body treatments
- Cellulite and lymphatic damage
- Anti-ageing skin treatments
- Muscle treatments
- Consultation and advanced skin analysis
- Equipment and effects
- Facial high frequency
- Facial faradic
- Facial microdermabrasion
- The heart
- The lymphatic system
- The nervous system
- The endocrine system
- The skeleton
- The skin
- The spa experience
- Spa reception
- Cleansing and exfoliating the skin
- Cold or chill therapy
- Static/portable heat treatments
- Skin tests
- Water treatments
- Health and safety at work act (HASAW 1974)
- Methods of communication
- Avoiding cross infection
- The reception area
- Welcoming clients
- Dealing with complaints
- Time management
- Retailing and promotions
- Customer legislation
- Emergency procedures and security
- Personal and professional development
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments which are marked by your tutor. No external examination is required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. This bundle will take you approximately 160 hours. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
If you add on the practical, you will be required to attend 6 days practical training.
**Due to COVID-19 practical’s are temporarily postponed until January 2021**
The course is designed for distance learning at home or at work. Students will receive all course materials by postal delivery or email, plus tutor support by email.
If you add on the practical days, you will also need to attend 6 practical training days, at a choice of centres to throughout the UK in major cities. The practical days do not need to be taken consecutively, in order to accommodate to your life and work commitments. This enables you to choose when and where the practicals take place.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive two Certificates of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
If you add on the practical days, your practical days will be accredited by Professional Beauty Direct.
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
These courses has been benchmarked at Level 2 and Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
If you have added the practical
Professional Beauty Direct have arranged insurance cover for over 11,000 salon owners and individual beauticians, nail technicians and hair stylists, most of which now manage their policies online. Once accredited, you will benefit from being affiliated to Professional Beauty and Professional Beauty Direct Insurance.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
If you add on your practical days, you will need to complete the theory for your beauty therapy level 2 before you are able to attend.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Exclusive Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
- *FREE Beauty Kit including:
- Emery boards
- Manicure sticks
- Hand lotion
- Mask brush
- Mask removing sponges
* Not included with the online study option
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.