Beauty Therapy QLS Level 2 and 3
OSC1092 / OSC1398
Beauty Therapy is a growing industry and has become a popular career choice in recent years.
- Learn how to offer a range of therapies including make-up, eyelashes manicures and waxing
- At Level 3 you will have the opportunity to learn about more complex therapies, such as anti-ageing electrical treatments and microdermabrasion
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
You can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Up to 2 years.
Approximately 160 hours.
Beauty Therapy Level 2 and 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Relevant legislations
- Preparing the working area
- Preventing infection and cross-contamination
- Key requirements of personal presentation
- Contraindications that may prevent or restrict treatment
- The importance of conducting consultations before every treatment
- Methods of communication
- Ethics and codes of conduct
- Professional bodies
- Key points associated with beauty therapy
- The importance of positive working relationships with other professionals
- Hazards and risks in the workplace
- Reducing risk in the workplace
- Improving personal performance at work
- Role of a beauty therapist
- Key salon procedures
- Importance of client care
- Retaining customers
- Promoting additional services or products
- Role of the receptionist
- Handling enquiries and appointments
- Client consultations and treatment plans
- Functions of the skin and skin types
- Facial massage techniques
- Aftercare advice for facial treatment
- Nail structure
- Performing a manicure and pedicure
- Aftercare advice for manicure and pedicure
- Contraindications of the eye
- Eyebrow shaping
- Eyebrow and eyelash tinting
- Applying false eyelashes
- Aftercare advice for eyelash and eyebrows
- Hair structure and growth cycle
- Types of hair removal
- Waxing treatments
- Working safely with make-up
- Make-up consultations
- Make-up contraindications
- Applying make-up
- Aftercare advice for make-up
- Client consultation
- Body analysis
- Preparation of the area for massage and body treatments
- Classification of movements
- Types of massage
- Electrical and mechanical body treatments
- Cellulite and lymphatic damage
- Anti-ageing skin treatments
- Muscle treatments
- Consultation and advanced skin analysis
- Equipment and effects
- Facial high frequency
- Facial faradic
- Facial microdermabrasion
- The heart
- The lymphatic system
- The nervous system
- The endocrine system
- The skeleton
- The skin
- The spa experience
- Spa reception
- Cleansing and exfoliating the skin
- Cold or chill therapy
- Static/portable heat treatments
- Skin tests
- Water treatments
- Health and safety at work act (HASAW 1974)
- Methods of communication
- Avoiding cross infection
- The reception area
- Welcoming clients
- Dealing with complaints
- Time management
- Retailing and promotions
- Customer legislation
- Emergency procedures and security
- Personal and professional development
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments which are marked by your tutor. No external examination is required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. This bundle will take you approximately 160 hours. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
The course is designed for distance learning at home or at work. Students will receive all course materials by postal delivery or email, plus tutor support by email.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive two Certificates of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality License Scheme website.
These courses has been benchmarked at Level 2 and Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Exclusive Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student notebook
- *FREE Beauty Kit including:
- Emery boards
- Manicure sticks
- Hand lotion
- Mask brush
- Mask removing sponges
* Not included with the online study option
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.