Beauty Therapy and Massage Level 3
Learn all the skills you need to become a successful beauty therapist with this great value bundle course!
- Develop a good working knowledge of a range of beauty therapy treatments.
- Study a range of massage techniques to suit different therapeutic treatments.
- Learn how to conduct beauty therapy treatments safely and hygienically.
- Develop professional skills such as client consultation and salon management.
Nowadays, many successful beauty therapists offer a wide range of beauty treatments and products, usually in addition to extra spa treatments, such as massage. This course aims to provide you with these two useful skills for your career as a beauty and massage therapist.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or sent to you by email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
You can work at your own time and pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in assignments has never been easier!
Up to two years.
You will receive two certificates of achievement in Beauty Therapy and Massage Level 3.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Beauty Therapy Level 3
- Client consultation
- Body analysis
- Preparation of the area for massage and body treatments
- Classification of movements
- Types of massage
- Electrical and mechanical body treatments
- Cellulite and lymphatic damage
- Anti-ageing skin treatments
- Muscle treatments
- Consultation and advanced skin analysis
- Equipment and effects
- Facial high frequency
- Facial faradic
- Facial microdermabrasion
- The heart
- The lymphatic system
- The nervous system
- The endocrine system
- The skeleton
- The skin
- The spa experience
- Spa reception
- Cleansing and exfoliating the skin
- Cold or chill therapy
- Static/portable heat treatments
- Skin tests
- Water treatments
- Health and safety at work act (HASAW 1974)
- Methods of communication
- Avoiding cross infection
- The reception area
- Welcoming clients
- Dealing with complaints
- Time management
- Retailing and promotions
- Customer legislation
- Emergency procedures and security
- Personal and professional development
Massage Level 3
- Body systems
- Nervous system
- Muscular system
- Muscle groups
- The skeletal system
- Tendons and Ligaments
- What is massage?
- Types of massage
- Massage suitability
- How massage works
- Benefits of massage
- Special populations
- Pregnancy and massage
- Lymphatic drainage
- Massage modifications
- Therapist safety
- Client assessment
- Care plan
- Massage environment
- Massage tools
- Massage techniques
- Prone massages and techniques
- Supine massages and techniques
- Guidance for seated message
This course is assessed by a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor. There is no external examination required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. This bundle will take you approximately 160 hours. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive two Certificates of Achievement by ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (This lists details of all the units you have completed as part of your course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on to this course.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Open Study College pen and highlighter
- * Student study planner
- * Student notebook
- * Document wallet
- * FREE make-up kit including:
- Make-up palette
- Lip brushes
- Mascara brushes
- Eyeliner brushes
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.