Beauty Therapy and Aromatherapy QLS Level 3
This two-course bundle will cover all that you need to know to get started in beauty therapy and aromatherapy.
- Learn knowledge in both beauty therapy and aromatherapy.
- Theory knowledge course, giving you a boost on your CV.
- Understand base knowledge needed to offer these treatments.
- Insight in to managing a salon.
- Learn at your own pace, in your own environment.
Aromatherapy treatments have become increasingly popular in recent years alongside a range of other therapies offered in beauty salons.
Beauty therapists who can also offer aromatherapy treatments will benefit from having a broader portfolio of skills when seeking employment, and a competitive edge if starting a beauty therapy business.
Up to 2 years.
Approximately 160 hours.
You will receive two Certificates of Achievement in Beauty Therapy Level 3 and Aromatherapy Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course
Beauty Therapy QLS Level 3
- Client consultation
- Body analysis
- Preparation of the area for massage and body treatments
- Classification of movements
- Types of massage
- Electrical and mechanical body treatments
- Cellulite and lymphatic damage
- Anti-ageing skin treatments
- Muscle treatments
- Consultation and advanced skin analysis
- Equipment and effects
- Facial high frequency
- Facial faradic
- Facial microdermabrasion
- The heart
- The lymphatic system
- The nervous system
- The endocrine system
- The skeleton
- The skin
- The spa experience
- Spa reception
- Cleansing and exfoliating the skin
- Cold or chill therapy
- Static/portable heat treatments
- Skin tests
- Water treatments
- Health and safety at work act (HASAW 1974)
- Methods of communication
- Avoiding cross infection
- The reception area
- Welcoming clients
- Dealing with complaints
- Time management
- Retailing and promotions
- Customer legislation
- Emergency procedures and security
- Personal and professional development
Aromatherapy QLS Level 3
- History of philosophy
- Role of aromatherapy
- Aromatherapeutic terminology
- Methods of extraction and sourcing of essences and oils
- Physiological and psychological effects of aromatherapy massage
- Benefits of aromatherapy on different body systems
- Essential oils
- Contra-actions that may result from treatment
- Cautions that may restrict or prevent treatment
- Chemical constituents of essences
- Dilution and blending techniques
- The uses, applications and origins of essences, fixed carrier oils and other media
- Consultation techniques
- Professional aromatherapeutic treatments
- Characteristics of an appropriate consultation
- Aromatherapy techniques used in conjunction with reflexology treatments
- Professional codes of conduct
- The effectiveness and results of aromatherapeutic treatments
- Reflective practice and its relevance to the aromatherapist
- Maintaining treatment records
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. This bundle will take you approximately 160 hours. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
The course is designed for distance learning at home or at work. Students will receive all course materials by postal delivery, plus tutor support by email.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive two Certificates of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course, however you may wish to study our Level 2 Beauty Therapy course before enrolling onto this bundle.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
• Dedicated personal tutor support
• Dedicated student support
• Assignment marking and feedback
• FREE CV critique service
• FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
• FREE XO Student Discounts card
• Comprehensive study guide
• Exclusive Open Study College pen and highlighter
• Student study planner
• Student notebook
• Document wallet
• FREE Beauty Kit including:
o Emery boards
o Manicure sticks
o Hand lotion
o Mask brush
o Mask removing sponges
No. We will issue certification based on your coursework alone.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
Each assignment is marked by your tutor. Once all coursework has been completed successfully, you will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Beauty Therapy Level 3 and a Certificate of Achievement in Aromatherapy Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.
You may also like
Package course (best value)Package
From £24.74 per month
or from £679 in full