Beauty Therapy and Aromatherapy QLS Level 3
Would you like to be able to develop your practical skills in providing advanced facial and body treatments as well as taking your first step into a career in aromatherapy? Well, this Beauty Therapy and Aromatherapy QLS Level 3 course bundle is perfect for you.
- Learn knowledge in both beauty therapy and aromatherapy.
- Theory knowledge course, giving you a boost on your CV.
- Understand base knowledge needed to offer these treatments.
- Insight into managing a salon.
- Learn at your own pace, in your own environment.
Beauty therapists who can also offer aromatherapy treatments will benefit from having a broader portfolio of skills when seeking employment, and a competitive edge if starting a beauty therapy business.
In the beauty therapy side of the bundle, you will dive into the anatomy and physiology of the face and body, whilst developing your practical skills in providing advanced facial and body treatments.
You will also build a sound knowledge of health and safety practices in a salon environment, as well as examining client care and communication in beauty related industries.
Aromatherapy treatments have become increasingly popular in recent years alongside a range of other therapies offered in beauty salons.
Aromatherapy is a holistic treatment using aromatic essential oils from natural plant extracts to improve the health of the body, mind, and spirit, enhancing both physical and emotional health. You may have also heard of it as essential oil therapy.
The practice of aromatherapy has been occurring for thousands of years, as it was used in ancient cultures in China, India, Egypt, and others. You will explore the history of aromatherapy in this course, before understanding how it works in healing and the recent trends in aromatherapy.
The course will also cover the use of essential oils, aura and chakras, carrier oils, spiritual aromatherapy, and blending procedures.
As well as providing an excellent knowledge base in Aromatherapy, this course is ideal for those aspiring to achieve a career as an aromatherapist but want to make sure it’s right for them.
Up to 2 years.
Approximately 160 hours.
You will receive two Certificates of Achievement in Beauty Therapy Level 3 and Aromatherapy Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course
- History of aromatherapy
- Role of aromatherapy
- Aromatherapeutic terminology
- Methods of extraction and sourcing of essences and oils
- Physiological and psychological effects of aromatherapy massage
- Benefits of aromatherapy on different body systems
- Essential oils
- Contra-actions that may result from treatment
- Cautions that may restrict or prevent treatment
- Chemical constituents of essences
- Dilution and blending techniques
- The uses, applications and origins of essences, fixed carrier oils and other media
- Consultation techniques
- Professional aromatherapeutic treatments
- Characteristics of an appropriate consultation
- Aromatherapy techniques used in conjunction with reflexology treatments
- Professional codes of conduct
- The effectiveness and results of aromatherapeutic treatments
- Reflective practice and its relevance to the aromatherapist
- Maintaining treatment records
- Client consultation
- Body analysis
- Preparation of the area for massage and body treatments
- Classification of movements
- Types of massage
- Electrical and mechanical body treatments
- Cellulite and lymphatic damage
- Anti-ageing skin treatments
- Muscle treatments
- Consultation and advanced skin analysis
- Equipment and effects
- Facial high frequency
- Facial faradic
- Facial microdermabrasion
- The heart
- The lymphatic system
- The nervous system
- The endocrine system
- The skeleton
- The skin
- The spa experience
- Spa reception
- Cleansing and exfoliating the skin
- Cold or chill therapy
- Static/portable heat treatments
- Skin tests
- Water treatments
- Health and safety at work act (HASAW 1974)
- Methods of communication
- Avoiding cross infection
- The reception area
- Welcoming clients
- Dealing with complaints
- Time management
- Retailing and promotions
- Customer legislation
- Emergency procedures and security
- Personal and professional development
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months of tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. This bundle will take you approximately 160 hours. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
The course is designed for distance learning at home or at work. Students will receive all course materials by postal delivery, plus tutor support by email.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive two Certificates of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality License Scheme website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course, however, you may wish to study our Level 2 Beauty Therapy course before enrolling onto this bundle.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable to your lifestyle.
• Dedicated personal tutor support
• Dedicated learner services
• Assignment marking and feedback
• FREE CV critique service
• FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
• FREE XO Student Discounts membership
• Comprehensive study guide
• Exclusive Open Study College pen and highlighter
• Student notebook
• FREE Beauty Kit including:
o Emery boards
o Manicure sticks
o Hand lotion
o Mask brush
o Mask removing sponges
No. We will issue certification based on your coursework alone.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
Each assignment is marked by your tutor. Once all coursework has been completed successfully, you will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Beauty Therapy Level 3 and a Certificate of Achievement in Aromatherapy Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.