Beauty Therapy QLS Level 3 and Starting Your Own Business QLS Level 3
Would you like to be able to develop your practical skills in providing advanced facial and body treatments whilst also learning the foundations of starting your own business? Well, this Beauty Therapy QLS Level 3 and Starting Your Own Business QLS Level 3 course bundle is perfect for you.
- Gain knowledge of the science behind beauty treatments to advise your clients.
- Learn all the practical aspects of running and managing a successful salon.
- Study the principles of marketing your business, identifying competition and planning strategies for success.
Beauty therapy is becoming a more popular career among women and men alike, and this Beauty Therapy QLS Level 3 course will give you the knowledge and skills to pursue a career in the industry.
You will dive into the anatomy and physiology of the face and body, whilst developing your practical skills in providing advanced facial and body treatments. You will also build a sound knowledge of health and safety practices in a salon environment, as well as examining client care and communication in beauty-related industries.
Meanwhile, during the Starting Your Own Business course, you will take a wider look at what it takes to set up your own company. You’ll explore how to conduct market research, as well as deciding on the form of your business.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it’s nice and straight-forward. You will also have award-winning tutor support to guide you through your studies over email, meaning help is only a click away!
You can work at your own pace, so there is no pressure or strict deadlines. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so sending assignments is simple.
Up to 2 years.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Beauty Therapy Level 3 and a Certificate of Achievement in Starting Your Own Business Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Client consultation
- Body analysis
- Preparation of the area for massage and body treatments
- Classification of movements
- Types of massage
- Electrical and mechanical body treatments
- Cellulite and lymphatic damage
- Anti-ageing skin treatments
- Muscle treatments
- Consultation and advanced skin analysis
- Equipment and effects
- Facial high frequency
- Facial faradic
- Facial microdermabrasion
- The heart
- The lymphatic system
- The nervous system
- The endocrine system
- The skeleton
- The skin
- The spa experience
- Spa reception
- Cleansing and exfoliating the skin
- Cold or chill therapy
- Static/portable heat treatments
- Skin tests
- Water treatments
- Health and safety at work act (HASAW 1974)
- Methods of communication
- Avoiding cross infection
- The reception area
- Welcoming clients
- Dealing with complaints
- Time management
- Retailing and promotions
- Customer legislation
- Emergency procedures and security
- Personal and professional development
- Why start your own business?
- Character and motivation
- Before you start: managing yourself and planning
- Market research
- Sales and profits
- Financial planning
- Employing people
- Stock and asset management
- Deciding on the form of your business (sole trader, partnership, limited company)
- How to decide what is best for you
- Setting goals for yourself
- Your product or service
- Value for money
- Segmenting your market
- Identifying your potential customers
- Promoting your business
- Before sale
- After sale
- Understanding your business finances
- Working with figures
- Break-event point
- Fixed and current assets
- Cash flow
- Sources of finance
- Managing your money
- Why do you need a business plan?
- The format and structure of your business plan
- Yourself, your people. your values, your mission
- Your business model
- Your market
- Your competition
- Profit forecast
Both the Beauty Therapy QLS Level 3 and Starting Your Own Business QLS Level 3 course are assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor. There is no external examination required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months of tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. This bundle will take you approximately 120 hours. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
The course is designed for distance learning at home or at work. Students will receive all course materials by postal delivery or email, plus tutor support by email.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive two Certificates of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course, however, you may wish to study our Beauty Therapy Level 2 course before proceeding to Level 3.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated learner services
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Exclusive Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student notebook
- *FREE Beauty Kit including:
- Emery boards
- Manicure sticks
- Hand lotion
- Mask brush
- Mask removing sponges
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.