Diploma in Clinical Aromatherapy
Would you like to take your first step into a career in aromatherapy? Well, this Diploma in Clinical Aromatherapy will be perfect for you, as you'll not only learn the history of the practice but also about plant families and therapeutic and physical properties, plus more.
- Apply for insurance to allow you to practice professionally once you have successfully completed your course.
- Learn from professional practitioners on a five-day training course.
- Study a wide range of conditions to prepare you for your career.
This diploma is provided by Open Study College in partnership with Penny Price Academy of Aromatherapy, who are one of the UK’s leading organisations for aromatherapy.
Aromatherapy is the use of plant extracts and oils for cosmetic and healing purposes. Explore all elements, including the muscular and respiratory systems, botany and plant uses, as well as the opportunity to experience it first-hand with a five-day practical course.
In addition to providing an excellent knowledge base in aromatherapy, this course is ideal for:
- Those who wish to start a career as a qualified clinical aromatherapist.
- Those who wish to go on to further development courses and training
- Understanding the theory and practical elements of working in this field.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be awarded with a Diploma in Clinical Aromatherapy and will be a qualified clinical aromatherapist.
Up to four years.
You will receive a Diploma in Clinical Aromatherapy and will become a Qualified Clinical Aromatherapist.
Written assignments, examinations, and a practical training course.
- Bones and joints
- Muscles and movement
- Circulation, lymph and the immune system
- Nervous system and hormonal system
- Urinary system and digestive system
- The skin and respiratory system
- Reproductive system, structure, growth and ageing
- The properties and effects of 12 of the most popular essential oils
- Methods of extraction, storage and blending and the use of carrier oils
- History of aromatherapy, with the philosophy of holistic healing
- Introduction to botany, plant cell function and photosynthesis
- Introduction to case taking and assessment
- Introduction to plant families and therapeutic and physical properties of essential oils and their pharmacological effects on the body
- Properties and effects of 15 essential oils
- Introduction to the chemistry of essential oils and their component parts
- Introduction to hydrolats
- Information on plant families and essential oils is expanded
- Organic chemistry and essential oil components awareness
- Toxicity, essential oil purity and safety
- Nine carrier oils are discussed in depth
- Allergy and substance sensitivity
- The properties and effects of 15 essential oils
- Differences between plant medicine and orthodox medicine
- A comprehensive study of common ailments, including those arising from care for the elderly, pregnancy and paediatrics, depression, special needs and massage with cancer patients
- Olfaction and its psychosomatic effects
- The properties and effects of 12 essential oils
- Business Studies
- Exam (both practical and theory)
- This five-day course teaches the Penny Price Aromatherapy full aromatherapeutic body massage, to include the face and abdomen. The course also teaches:
- Definitions of massage, and introduction to massage
- The principals and benefits of massage
- Different types of massage
- Comprehensive appreciation of body analysis for assessment of clients
- Contra-indications and precautions
- Preparing for massage
- Care of the client and therapist
- Aftercare advice
Assessment of this course takes place through written assignments and examinations, and completion of the practical course which takes place at the Penny Price Academy in Hinckley, Leicestershire.
At the end of each module, written assignments must be completed in order to progress onto the following. Each assignment is based upon the content of each module to demonstrate your understanding.
Examinations will take place twice a year in April and September. You will need to take two exams, one practical examination, and one theory examination. These will take place on the same day.
Students are also required to complete 200 hours of case studies throughout the course. These case studies will consist of real-life work experience on friends and family.
You will study this course through distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted to you for added convenience.
You will receive tutor support to assist you through your studies, so help is just a click away!
In addition, you must attend a five-day practical training course and an external examination day to complete your qualification.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be awarded a Diploma in Clinical Aromatherapy and will become a qualified clinical aromatherapist. Completion of this course allows you to apply for complete liability insurance
This course is accredited by the International Federation for Professional Aromatherapists (IFPA), The Federation of Holistic Therapies (FHT), and the Association of Beauty Therapists (ABT).
In addition, you will be awarded with certificates for the following:
- Diploma in clinical aromatherapy
- Diploma in aromatherapeutic body massage
- Diploma in anatomy and physiology
- Business studies
This course is brought to you by Open Study College and Penny Price Academy of Aromatherapy. The former were established in 2003 and offer Aromatherapy and Complimentary Therapy courses. They have won awards both for excellence in Complementary Therapy and Aromatherapy and student support.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Once you have completed all your assignments, you will send your coursework to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you.
Each assignment will be marked as passed or returned for edits and improvements.
Using the provided information in your course pack, you will be able to book your practical course on completion of the theory elements.
The course is located at the Penny Price Academy in Hinckley, Leicestershire and will take place in June.
No, everything you need is included in the cost of the course!
You may start at any time. The course will need to be completed in a minimum of 18 months and you will have no longer than 48 months to complete the course.
It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- All carrier and essential oils
- Mixing bottles and containers
- 5-course textbooks
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated learner services
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- Access to free Saturday clubs once a month
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.