Beauty Salon Management and Starting Your Own Business Level 3
Do you want to own your own beauty salon, but didn't know how to? Well this course will give you all of the knowledge needed to do just that, from the comfort of your own home.
- Understand what a business plan is and how to create one
- Explore profit and loss accounts of a business and how to manage them
- Conduct market research that benefits a business
- Learn how to create effective business objectives focusing on the SMART format
- Understand the legislation of setting up your own business
- Study the recruitment process in terms of shortlisting, interviewing and employee rights
- Explain the house keeping of a salon, considering health and safety and cleanliness
- Develop an understanding of customer service
- Look into income and expenditure and understand how to take care of your accounts
- Explore the different marketing strategies that will help increase sales
- Understand your competitors and how you can perform better than them
- Study ways to segment your market and identify your potential customers
Building your very own beauty empire couldn’t be easier!
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. You will also have award-winning tutor support to guide you through your studies over email, meaning help is only a click away!
You can work at your own pace, so there are is no pressure or strict deadlines. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so sending assignments is simple.
Up to 2 years.
Approximately 160 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Beauty Salon Management Level 3 and a Certificate of Achievement in Starting Your Own Business Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Beauty Salon Management Level 3
- The business plan
- Phone numbers
- Websites and email
- Profit and loss accounts
- Market research
- Business objective
- Mission statement
- Further knowledge and legislation
- The process of recruitment
- Equal opportunities
- Job advertisements
- Making the job offer
- Employee rights
- Health and safety
- Salon cleanliness
- Trust and confidentiality
- A client visits step-by-step
- Income and expenditure
- The cash register
- Petty cash
- Cheque books
- Different styles of promotional material
- Promoting the salon to potential markets
- Consumer and market research
- Customer questionnaires
Starting Your Own Business Level 3
- Why start your own business?
- Character and motivation
- Before you start: managing yourself and planning
- Market research
- Sales and profits
- Financial planning
- Employing people
- Stock and asset management
- Deciding on the form of your business (sole trader, partnership, limited company)
- How to decide what is best for you
- Setting goals for yourself
- Your product or service
- Value for money
- Segmenting your market
- Identifying your potential customers
- Promoting your business
- Before sale
- After sale
- Understanding your business finances
- Working with figures
- Break-event point
- Fixed and current assets
- Cash flow
- Sources of finance
- Managing your money
- Why do you need a business plan?
- The format and structure of your business plan
- Yourself, your people. your values, your mission
- Your business model
- Your market
- Your competition
- Profit forecast
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments. These assignments will then be sent and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required for this course.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. This bundle will take you approximately 160 hours. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
The course is designed for distance learning at home or at work. You will receive all course materials by postal delivery or email. You will also receive award-winning tutor support by email, whenever you need it.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive two Certificates of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. We will issue certification based on your coursework alone.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your assignments to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Beauty Salon Management Level 3 and a Certificate of Achievement in Starting your Own Business Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.