Long and Layered Hair Course
This long and layered hair course is essential for intermediate-level hair stylists who are looking to build their skills and progress in their career.
- Enhance your skill set with long layering techniques.
- Learn techniques for creating salon-friendly layered haircuts for long hair.
- Study online from the comfort your own home.
- Submit your assessments online.
This course is perfect for any intermediate-level hairdresser looking to expand their skills and repertoire to impress clients.
You will learn the skills to create layered haircuts for long hair through demonstrations from Aveda’s Bastian Casaretto, Tracey Hughes, and former Vidal Sassoon educators Graham Oglesby and Stacey Broughton. With this online course you’ll cover:
- The long layer variation.
- Long graduation with low fringe.
- Commercial long-layered shape.
- Long uniform layer.
- Increased layer.
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to create wearable and manageable long hairstyles your clients will love.
An MHDPro Certificate of Recognition and 10 hours CPD.
This course is assessed and certified by Beauty Tribe.
There are no pre-requisites to study this course, however you will need a reliable internet connection, hairstyling tools, Bluetooth headphones, and a test head (available from retailers such as Amazon).
- The first lesson focuses on the long layer variation. Starting with a simple graduated steep angle in the front areas, you’ll fine-tune your over-direction and elevation skills before working on flat layering in the back internal shape. Beautiful, soft and feminine, your long-haired clients will love the texture, body and movement you’ll give them.
- The long graduation with low fringe is a youthful salon essential, delivering a manageable yet flowing style that your clients will love. You will begin with a controlled square outline below the shoulders, incorporating internal graduated layering, then build on the cut with graduation throughout the shape.
- The long-layered shape is a salon classic. You will cover the two possible outcomes: the commercial finish is always popular, but the creative option has a stronger feel, making it perfect for clients willing to embrace a bolder look. Both results will deliver layering, graduation and over-direction that provides body and movement.
- This lesson is all about the long, uniformed layer. This is a perfectly symmetrical look, from pivoting sections to body positioning and perfect head and finger placement, you’ll build your technical skills and learn how to distribute internal and external weight to achieve this soft, face-framing classic hairstyle.
- A popular long-layering technique that you’ll come back to time after time. Focusing on increased layering, this is a style that includes classic layering techniques and over-direction.
Once enrolled, you can start studying at any time. You will also have as much time as you need to complete the course.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be sent online, so receiving your materials is easy. You will work through the online tutorials at your own pace, uploading photographs of your completed styles.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive an MHDPro Certificate of Recognition and this course counts towards 10 hours of CPD.
Each lesson will have an online video for you to work through. After you have watched the video, you are required to submit photos of your completed style and upload them to the learning portal alongside a statement outlining the key things you have learnt.
Your tutor will then provide detailed feedback and include areas you can improve on if required.
Through this course, you will be able to display your certificate of achievement within your salon or across your social media channels to demonstrate your new skills to current and prospective clients.
You are not required to have any previous skills or experience to complete this course, however, we do recommend that you have an intermediate level of hairdressing knowledge and skill.
You will have an unlimited amount of time to complete this course.
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
No. We will issue certification based on your online coursework alone.
You will submit your assignments online on the portal. A tutor will mark your work and provide you with feedback on areas you could improve on.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.