Writing A Journal For Personal Development
Discover your potential and learn how to write a journal to benefit your personal development!
- Learn where to start with your journal and the different kinds of journalling.
- Understand the reasons why people keep journals, including special purposes such as dream or therapeutic journals.
- Study how journalling can benefit your health and happiness.
- Develop your knowledge of how to get the most out of your journal and how to reflect on journal entries.
Journal writing helps you to observe daily events, inner thoughts and feelings in a little more detail than most people. As a reflective practice, it enables you to observe recurring patterns in your life, identify your unique thought processes, and consequently, learn more about your personal identity and goals.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by phone and post. You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Up to one year.
You will receive an OSCA (Open Study College Award) certificate of achievement in Writing a Journal for Personal Development.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Planning your journal
- Getting started
- Keeping things simple
- Journaler's block
- Picture selection and collage
- Scrapbooking and journaling
- Starting a scrapbook
- What makes a scrapbook different to a photo album?
- Chronologican vs. theme albums
- Other artistic ways of journaling
- Embroidering and quilting
- Travel journals
- Garden and nature journals
- The dream journal
- Dream journal tips
- Therapeutic journaling
- Journaling through times of bereavement
- Journaling for great ideas and happiness
- Serendipity and journaling
- Journaling through health issues
- Eating disorders and journaling
- Journaling to improve self-esteem
- Keeping a gratitude (or appreciation) journal
- The list of 100
- Reflection on journal entries
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor to be marked. There is no external examination required.
The course is designed for distance learning at home. Students will receive all course materials by post or online, plus tutor support by email.
You may start at any time and have up to a full year to complete your studies. This is much longer than you need, so you can take your time. This course is designed to be flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle!
Upon successful completion of this course, students will receive an OSCA (Open Study College Award) certificate of achievement in Writing a Journal for Personal Development.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.