Introduction to English Level 2
Improve your knowledge of the English language from home!
- Study the alphabet and basic phrases.
- Learn how to talk about a range of topics, including family, work, hobbies and interests.
- Gain an understanding of basic grammar to improve your communication.
- Develop skills to communicate using English in practical, everyday situations.
This home study course has been designed for non-native speakers of English.
The course is designed to help you learn the language by distance learning, with tutor support by email.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 80 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Introduction to English Level 2.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor Marked Assignments.
- The alphabet
- Pronunciation and phonetics
- Key phrases and greetings
- Asking questions
- Starting conversation
- Home life
- Describing people
- In the home
- Jobs and professions
- Describing your role
- Hobbies, pastimes and interests
- Subject, verb and object (SVO)
- Cardinal numbers
- Ordinal numbers
- The calendar
- Days of the week
- Months of the year
- How to express the date
- How to express the time
- Time-related questions and phrases
- Product quantities and packaging
- The language of transactions
- Useful phrases for shopping
- Making a restaurant reservation
- Reading a menu
- Useful phrases for restaurants
- Visiting the doctor
- Describing symptoms
- Answering medical questions
- Writing a formal letter
- The features of formal letter writing
- Useful phrases
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 80 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
This course is designed for distance learning at home or at work. You will receive your course materials by post or online, whichever you choose, as well as full tutor support by email.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 2 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.