Interior Design and Heritage Interior Design Level 3
Are you an aspiring interior designer looking to improve your knowledge of different design styles?
- Learn how to create mood boards to help bring your ideas to life.
- Understand how to conduct consultations and gather a brief from your clients.
- Study how to use light, shade and colour to your advantage when putting together a design.
- Improve your understanding of how to manage the challenges of working with heritage and listed interiors.
- Learn more about creating designs in historical context and conduct relevant research projects.
With our interior design and heritage interior design courses, you can master the art of interior design and turn your passion into a career!
With our flexible home learning course package, you will learn about the history of interior design, and the laws and considerations you’ll need to take into account when working in different environments.
Up to two years.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Interior Design Level 3
- The colour wheel
- The effects of light and shade on colour
- Monochromatic colours
- Harmonious colours
- Layout of a drawing
- Mood boards
- Sample boards
- Paint techniques
- Blending and developing shades
- Floor finishes
- The different types of lighting
- The lighting design
- Window treatments
- Types of window treatment
- Curtain headings
- Considering materials
- Initial contact
- Briefing consultation questionnaire
- Final consultation
- Legal considerations
- Appointment correspondence
- Letter of intent to a contractor
- Contract tender letter
- Contract tender rejection
- The design brief
- The back wall
- Establishing the eye line
- Placing the vanishing point on one-point perspective
- Two-point perspective
- Establishing the floor and ceiling lines
- The perspective grid
- Right-angle measurements
- Drawing windows
- Adding furniture to your drawings
- Time management
- Organisational skills
- Management ability
- Order of works
- Concepts of scheduling
- The order sheet
- Fees and hourly rates
- Quotations from suppliers
- Constructing an invoice
Heritage Interior Design Level 3
- Define interior design
- History and its importance
- Brief timeline
- Advantages and disadvantages of ancient interior design
- Various wall and floor treatments found in each era
- Window treatments
- Keeping and changing heritage buildings
- Appropriate designs
- Inappropriate designs
- Various floor plans
- Local government
- Law surrounding heritage interior design
- Modern and heritage project planning
- Technological factors
- Environmental aesthetics
- Sociological considerations
- Environment pollution
- Choosing a historical era
- Choosing aspects of interior design
- Legal and planning consent
This course bundle is assessed by a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
This course will take you 24 months to complete.
This course will allow you to work at home or at work. All materials for the course will be received by post or email. You will also get tutor support by email.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course. You should be willing to undertake practical research into the heritage interior design by using the internet and other resources such as books and magazines.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
• Dedicated personal tutor support
• Dedicated student support
• Assignment marking and feedback
• FREE XO Student Discounts card
• FREE CV writing service
• FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
• *Comprehensive study guide
• *Open Study College study pack including pen, highlighter and notebook
*Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will achieve Certificates of Achievement in Interior Design and Heritage Interior Design Level 3.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.