Interior Design and Heritage Interior Design Level 3
Are you an aspiring interior designer looking to improve your knowledge of different design styles?
- Learn how to create mood boards to help bring your ideas to life.
- Understand how to conduct consultations and gather a brief from your clients.
- Study how to use light, shade and colour to your advantage when putting together a design.
- Improve your understanding of how to manage the challenges of working with heritage and listed interiors.
- Learn more about creating designs in historical context and conduct relevant research projects.
With our interior design and heritage interior design courses, you can master the art of interior design and turn your passion into a career!
With our flexible home learning course package, you will learn about the history of interior design, and the laws and considerations you’ll need to take into account when working in different environments.
Up to two years.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Interior Design Level 3
- The colour wheel
- The effects of light and shade on colour
- Monochromatic colours
- Harmonious colours
- Layout of a drawing
- Mood boards
- Sample boards
- Paint techniques
- Blending and developing shades
- Floor finishes
- The different types of lighting
- The lighting design
- Window treatments
- Types of window treatment
- Curtain headings
- Considering materials
- Initial contact
- Briefing consultation questionnaire
- Final consultation
- Legal considerations
- Appointment correspondence
- Letter of intent to a contractor
- Contract tender letter
- Contract tender rejection
- The design brief
- The back wall
- Establishing the eye line
- Placing the vanishing point on one-point perspective
- Two-point perspective
- Establishing the floor and ceiling lines
- The perspective grid
- Right-angle measurements
- Drawing windows
- Adding furniture to your drawings
- Time management
- Organisational skills
- Management ability
- Order of works
- Concepts of scheduling
- The order sheet
- Fees and hourly rates
- Quotations from suppliers
- Constructing an invoice
Heritage Interior Design Level 3
- Define interior design
- History and its importance
- Brief timeline
- Advantages and disadvantages of ancient interior design
- Various wall and floor treatments found in each era
- Window treatments
- Keeping and changing heritage buildings
- Appropriate designs
- Inappropriate designs
- Various floor plans
- Local government
- Law surrounding heritage interior design
- Modern and heritage project planning
- Technological factors
- Environmental aesthetics
- Sociological considerations
- Environment pollution
- Choosing a historical era
- Choosing aspects of interior design
- Legal and planning consent