Hair Up Course
This online hair up course is essential for hairdressers who are looking to build their skills and progress in their career.
- Enhance your skill set with practical styling techniques.
- Learn techniques for styling bridal hair and event up-dos.
- Study online from the comfort your own home.
- Submit your assessments online.
This course is essential for any hairdresser looking to expand their services and offer up-dos to their clients. Learn practical styling techniques to style hair for photoshoots, catwalks, and runway shows, as well as bridal hair.
Start by studying the fundamental techniques from former Vidal Sassoon Creative Director, Callum Warrington. Then you will build on this knowledge and learn more advanced hair-up techniques. You’ll learn the following styling techniques:
- Cheat pleat up-do – simple and fast up-do.
- High ponytail up-do – a classic technique that can be used on its own or as a base for other styles.
- Fishtail and French plaits – two must-have skills.
- Two-strand twist up-do – a modern twist on a traditional style.
- Chignon back bun – a classic framework for creative styles.
This course will provide you with a solid foundation of knowledge and the skills and confidence you need to stand you in good stead throughout your hair career and impress your clients.
An MHDPro Certificate of Recognition and 10 hours CPD.
This course is assessed and certified by Beauty Tribe.
There are no pre-requisites to study this course, however you will need a reliable internet connection, hairstyling tools, Bluetooth headphones, and a test head (available from retailers such as Amazon).
- In this lesson, students will learn a quick and easy alternative to the traditional pleat. Ideal for photoshoots, or any occasion when they are short on time. Students will cover blow drying, pinning, and tonging skills, as well as barrel and spiral curls.
- An essential style if you are a busy stylist preparing clients for special occasions. Packed with tips on everything from hand positioning to binding with cloth elastic, students will learn how to complete the style with a blended section of weft.
- In this lesson, students cover two essential techniques: the fishtail and the French plait. Students will perfect their fishtail plaiting skills, performing a modern loose undone style. Next, the student will learn a soft and diffused update of the classic French plait, which is incredibly effective both on the catwalk and for bridal clients.
- In the fourth lesson, students are taught the two-strand twist. Thorough preparation and product use are crucial to execution, as are ponytail placement, double rotation, and positioning. This tight up-do with its combination of twists will impress your clients, leaving them with a clean yet classic style with a modern twist.
- In the final lesson, you will learn how to style a chignon back bun. Building your techniques ranging from back brushing to blow drying and ponytails, students learn how to create movement and volume with rollers, leaving your client with a smooth refined finish.
Once enrolled, you can start studying at any time. You will also have as much time as you need to complete the course.
You will study this course through distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be sent online, so receiving your materials is easy. You will work through the online tutorials at your own pace, uploading photographs of your completed styles.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive an MHDPro Certificate of Recognition and this course counts towards 10 hours of CPD.
Each lesson will have an online video for you to work through. After you have watched the video, you are required to submit photos of your completed style and upload them to the learning portal alongside a statement outlining the key things you have learned.
Your tutor will then provide detailed feedback and include areas you can improve on if required.
Through this course, you will be able to display your certificate of achievement within your salon or across your social media channels to demonstrate your new skills to current and prospective clients.
You are not required to have any previous skills or experience to complete this course.
You will have an unlimited amount of time to complete this course.
• Dedicated learner services
• Assignment marking and feedback
• FREE CV critique service
• FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
• FREE XO Student Discounts membership
No. We will issue certification based on your online coursework alone.
You will submit your assignments online on the portal. A tutor will mark your work and provide you with feedback on areas you could improve on.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.