Criminal Psychology and Psychological Profiling QLS Level 3
Gain an insight into criminal psychology and psychological profiling, with this bundle course. Study at home the convenient way!
- Evaluate the current causes and explanations for criminal behaviour.
- Study the psychological and social theories relevant to our understanding of criminality.
- Study a course that is relevant to careers in law, the police force, social work and research.
- Apply your theoretical knowledge to real-life case studies.
- Outline three important factors an individual needs to consider for the first seven seconds of an interview.
- Identify the key historical events that led to profiling becoming an integral part of crime scene analysis.
- Outline how personality theories evolved with regards to personality profiling.
- Identify differences between organised and disorganised crime scene.
- Describe the different theories of rape.
- Outline risk factors associated with school shooters.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or by email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way.
You may start at any time and have up to two years to complete your studies, so you can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Up to 2 years.
Approximately 160 hours.
You will receive two Certificates of Achievement in Criminal Psychology Level 3 and Psychological Profiling Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Historical explanations
- Genetic explanations
- Biochemical explanations
- Neurological explanations
- Personality theories
- Social learning theory
- Media and crime
- Psychodynamic theory
- Vulnerabilities towards crime
- Sub-cultural theories
- Strain theory
- Status Frustration
- Differential Association
- Environmental Theory
- Social Bond Theory
- Risk Factors
- Relative Deprivation
- Diagnosing abnormal behaviour
- Cognitive approaches
- Beck's Negative Triad
- Psychopathy and Antisocial Personality Disorder
- Behavioural Theory
- Cognitive Theory
- Life Events
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Eyewitness testimony
- Leading question
- Anxiety and weapon effect
- Cognitive interview
- Detecting deception
- Juries and sentencing
- Mary Bell
- Thompson and Venables
- Kip Kinkel
- 3 important factors of an interview
- Cognitive interview format
- Communication styles
- Eckman’s theory
- Key historical events
- Crime scene analysis
- Victims of internet dating scams
- Myra Hindley case study
- Personality theories
- Personality tests
- Organised and disorganised crime scenes
- Investigative profiling
- Geographical approaches
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Hunting strategies
- Victim attack methods
- Different theories of rape
- Typologies and theories of rape
- Organised and disorganised points of view
- Risk factors
- Langman’s typologies
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments. These assignments will then be sent and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required for this course.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier. Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you, whichever you choose. You will also receive tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive two Certificate’s of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The courses have been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The courses are not regulated by Ofqual and are not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality License Scheme website.
The courses have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated learner services
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Open Study College pen and highlighter
- * Three colour highlighter
- * Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded your Criminal Psychology Level 3 and Psychological Profiling Level 3 Certificates.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.