CompTIA A+ 220-1101
Do you want to make a career in the IT industry? Then this CompTIA A+ 220-1101 course could be perfect for you.
- Develop your knowledge in areas such as installation, preventive maintenance and security.
- Take advantage of the visual demonstrations and multimedia presentations included in your course materials.
- Test your knowledge by taking practice exams and quizzes.
- Improve your knowledge of hardware, software and troubleshooting.
Save £399 when you buy this course as a package
This internationally recognised certification is your ticket to a career in IT.
During this CompTIA A+ 220-1101 course, you will explore laptop hardware and components, common connector types, best practices for solving problems, and much more.
Study at your own time and pace. You will have a full 12 months to complete the course.
Enrol today with a flexible study option to suit you and your busy lifestyle… deadlines and timetables are a thing of the past!
Following the successful completion of this course, you will be able to put your newfound knowledge into practice and develop your career. If after, you’re looking to enhance your IT knowledge even further, take a look at the other IT and computer courses we offer.
Jobs that use knowledge gained from a CompTIA course:
- IT support support specialist
- Help desk technician
- Field technician
- Tier I support specialist
- Desktop support specialist
- Associate network engineer
- Systems support technician
- Junior systems administrator
The Computing Industry Association (CompTIA) is a leading voice for the estimated 75 million person industry, and the tech professionals who design, implement, manage, and safeguard the technology that powers the world’s economy.
They promote industry growth, the development of highly skilled workforces, and a commitment to creating an environment where innovation happens, through education, training, and certificates.
CompTIA’s membership and certification holders span the full range of technology companies, from established Fortune 500 leaders to small and medium-sized tech businesses.
Up to 12 months.
You will receive a CompTIA A+ 220-1001 Certificate of Completion.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Laptop hardware and components
- Laptop display types and installing display components
- Laptop features such as special function keys, docking stations and port replicators
- Mobile device types
- Wired and wireless mobile device ports and accessories
- Network connectivity and application support
- Synchronization methods, connection types and software requirements
- TCP and UDP ports: protocols and their purpose
- Common networking hardware
- Basic wired and wireless network configurations for small or home offices
- Wireless networking protocols
- Networked hosts services
- Common network configurations
- Internet and network types and features
- Networking tools
- Cable types and their features
- Common connector types
- RAM types and installation
- Install and configure storage devices
- Storage devices and configuration
- Motherboards, CPUs and add-on cards
- Peripheral devices such as speakers, signature cards, game controllers, etc.
- Power supply types
- Custom PC configurations based on customer needs and specifications
- Common device configurations
- Configuration of multifunction devices and printers for small or home offices
- Print technologies, including installation and maintenance
- Cloud concepts: common models, different types of cloud-based services and apps, virtual desktops, shared resources, and elasticity
- Client-side virtualisation: virtual machine purpose and setup
- Best practices for solving problems
- Troubleshooting problems for motherboards, RAM, CPUs and power
- Troubleshooting hard drives and RAID arrays
- Troubleshooting video, projector and display issues
- Troubleshooting common mobile device problems
- Troubleshooting common printer issues
- Troubleshooting common wired and wireless network problems
To receive the full CompTIA A+ 220-1001 certification, you will need to complete an exam. Exams are held at Pearson Vue centres and cost between £140 and £290 depending on the centre you choose.
With this flexible home learning course, you can fast-forward, rewind or repeat all the online classes so you can go at your own pace with no strict deadlines. You will have a full 12 months to complete the course.
This blended learning solution offers a highly interactive and engaging learning environment with video demonstrations, multi-media presentations and educational games to assist with your study. Fun quizzes and exam stimulators after each module reinforce your confidence and aid progression to the next stage. This course also includes the use of social networking forums, so you chat and gain friendly advice and support from other students.
Upon completion of your training course, you will receive a CompTIA A+ 220-1001 Certificate of Completion, so you can showcase your achievement to future employers.
No previous knowledge is required to enrol onto this course. However, we recommend you have a basic knowledge of IT.
- Dedicated learner services
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
To receive the full CompTIA certification, you will need to sit an exam. Exams are held at Pearson Vue centres and cost between £140 and £290 depending on the centre you choose.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.