Build Your Skills – Layering And Graduation
This layering and graduation hair course focusses building your skills to create styles your clients will love.
- Ideal for hair stylists at the beginning of their career looking to develop their skills even further and create stylish cuts for their clients.
- Develop your graduation and layering skills and learn how to create essential popular haircuts.
- Course materials led by world-class hairdresser, Stacey Broughton.
- Study online from the comfort your own home.
- Submit your assessments online.
This graduation and layering course is designed to allow ambitious hair stylists at the beginning of their career to develop their skills and understand the fundamental techniques of layering and graduating hair.
With course tutorials from world-class hairdresser and educator, Stacey Broughton, you’ll take your skills to the next level and impress your clients.
An MHDPro Certificate of Recognition and 10 hours CPD.
This course is assessed and certified by Beauty Tribe.
There are no pre-requisites to study this course, however you will need a reliable internet connection, hairstyling tools, Bluetooth headphones, and a test head (available from retailers such as Amazon).
- During your first lesson, you will learn how to place a square layered shape on a round head using corner placement and over-direction. With advice on everything from control to body position, finger angle and weight distribution, you’ll learn how to cut the outline and place a corner around the perimeter.
- In this lesson, you will learn how to create the classic uniform layer. The lesson demonstrates how to follow the head shape, creating a shape with no over-direction by pulling everything 90 degrees from the head. Covering skills from elevation to sectioning and tension, this is an essential haircut that delivers a salon standard.
- Build on your skills from lessons one and two and learn how to create a short square layer haircut. Placing a square layered shape on a round head, you’ll use corner placement and over-direction while reducing the length.
- Using your one-length and over-direction skills, students will be shown you how to introduce graduation and a triangular shape into the hair – creating a pure triangular shape on a one-length bob line.
- This is an essential salon classic. You will be shown how to start with a vertical section from crown to nape, using this as your guide throughout the shape to ensure the correction balance of graduation. Once you’ve mastered this technique, you’ll have a comprehensive understanding of how graduation is used.
Once enrolled, you can start studying at any time. You will also have as much time as you need to complete the course.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be sent online, so receiving your materials is easy. You will work through the online tutorials at your own pace, uploading photographs of your completed work.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive an MHDPro Certificate of Recognition and this course counts towards 10 hours of CPD.
Each lesson will have an online video for you to work through. After you have watched the video, you are required to submit photos of your completed work and upload them to the learning portal alongside a statement outlining the key things you have learnt.
Your tutor will then provide detailed feedback and include areas you can improve on if required.
Through this course, you will be able to display your certificate of achievement within your salon or across your social media channels to demonstrate your new skills to current and prospective clients.
You are not required to have any previous skills or experience to complete this course.
You will have an unlimited amount of time to complete this course.
- Dedicated student support.
- Assignment marking and feedback.
- FREE CV critique service.
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers.
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership.
No. We will issue certification based on your online coursework alone.
You will submit your assignments online on the portal. A tutor will mark your work and provide you with feedback on areas you could improve on.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.