NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Stroke Awareness
Develop your knowledge of stroke care in this accredited level 2 NCFE CACHE course.
- Understand what a stroke is and how to recognise one.
- Know how to care for those who have had a stroke.
- Investigate the steps that can be taken to reduce the risk of stroke and subsequent stroke.
- Recognise the importance of emergency response and treatments for stroke.
- FREE access to the CACHE Alumni for 2 years.
This NCFE CACHE level 2 award will help you gain an understanding of stroke and its factors and support you to progress onto further CACHE qualifications.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 30 hours.
You will receive your NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Stroke Awareness.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Qualification Number: 600/4762/8
- Identify the changes in the brain associated with a stroke
- Outline other conditions that may be mistaken for a stroke
- Define the differences between stroke and transient ischaemic attack (TIA)
- List the signs and symptoms of stroke
- Identify the key stages of stroke
- Identify the assessment tests that are available to enable listing of the signs and symptoms
- Describe the potential changes that an individual may experience as the result of a stroke
- State the prevalence of strokes in the UK
- Identify the common risk factors for a stroke
- Describe how risk factors may vary in different settings
- Define the steps that can be taken to reduce the risk of a stroke and subsequent strokes
- Describe why a stroke is a medical emergency
- Describe the actions to be taken in response to an emergency stroke incident in line with agreed ways of working
- Identify the impact on the individual of the key stages of a stroke
- Identify the correct early positioning for airway management
- Identify the information that needs to be included in reporting relevant and accurate history of the incident
- Describe why effective stroke care is important to the management of a stroke
- Identify support available to individuals and others affected by a stroke
- Identify other agencies or resources to signpost individuals or others for additional support and guidance
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
This course will take approximately 30 hours to complete. You will have 1 year to complete this course from the date of enrolment. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course through distance learning, which means you can learn at a time and place to suit you. Your course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so receiving your course is easy and hassle-free. Tutor support is also available by email, so help is only a click away! You will send your assignments to your tutor for marking. Assignments can be sent by email or post, it’s up to you!
Upon successful completion of the course you will achieve an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Stroke Awareness.
CACHE became part of NCFE in 2015.
CACHE (the Council of Awards in Care, Health and Education) are the UK’s leading awarding organisation for the childcare and social care sectors and are part of the RQF (Regulated Qualifications Framework) which ensures the highest level quality courses and industry recognised qualifications.
CACHE (The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education) qualifications specialise in the care and education sector and are the leading industry specialists. This course has been developed by experts, which ensures everything that employers need is covered.
Once you have enrolled on your CACHE course, you will be entitled to access the CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years. Please contact our Student Support team for further information on 0330 563100. CACHE Alumni is a Professional Membership Network for those who work in the CACHE industries, providing valuable resources and advice for professional studying towards/with a CACHE qualification.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course, however you may find it helpful to have previously studied the level 1 qualification.
You can start at any time and have 12 months complete this course from the date of enrolment. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No, you will be assessed on your tutor marked assessments only.
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded your Certificate.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.