SAGE 50 Payroll Level 1
Official Sage qualification
Gain a recognised Sage Payroll Level 1 Certificate!
- Fully accredited by Sage.
- FREE 180-day downloadable version of Sage 50 Payroll Software.
- Full tutor support for the duration of your course.
- Gain the skills to set up and process payroll payments and time sheets.
- Develop your knowledge of payroll aspects of personnel, pensions and loans.
Payroll is the recording and processing of employees’ salaries and plays a vital role in businesses and organisations.
Get to grips with the basic principles of setting up your Sage 50 Payroll. From setting up your employees and users in the software to creating payments and deductions, dealing with basic pension schemes and setting up the nominal link.
This course provides an internationally recognised qualification in payroll, allowing you to prove a high level of expertise in this area to any future employer.
Up to 6 months.
Approximately 80 hours.
You will receive your Sage Payroll Level 1 Certificate on completion of the Sage exam.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor-marked assignments and an optional online Sage exam.
- Understand how to configure the software to suit company requirements.
- Learn how to use password protection and how to restrict user access.
- Understand how to check the legislation settings in your software.
- Be able to create pay elements for payments, deductions and net payments and understand the pay element reports.
- Understand the methods of creating, editing and customising employee records.
- Be able to create basic pension schemes.
- Learn how to set up the nominal link to post salary journals to your accounts software.
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. To receive the full qualification, you must take the online Sage exam.
You may register at any time and have 6 months to complete your studies. Study time is 80 hours.
The course is designed for distance learning at home or at work. Students receive their course manual and study guide, plus tutor support by email.
In order to gain the official Sage qualification, you will need to sit an online exam. Upon successful completion of this, you will gain the Sage Payroll Level 1 Certificate. Alternatively, if you wish to study this course without official assessment, we can provide you with a certificate of completion.
It is advised that you have some basic knowledge of Payroll.
- FREE 180-day downloadable version of Sage 50 Payroll Software
- Practice data to enrich the learning experience
- Workbooks with free online tests throughout
- Comprehensive study guide
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- Ballpoint pen and highlighter
- Student study planner and notebook
- Document wallet
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- Examination fee worth £70
The Sage 50 Payroll software will only work on computers which run Windows 7 or higher, therefore Sage will not run on Windows XP. Sage software will not run on any Apple Macintosh computer. You will need to be able to download the free software (available as a download only. You must have an internet connection and the ability to save the software to your device). Please email us for full specification and compatibility details.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.