Sage 50 Accounts Complete
Become fully competent in all areas of accounts – study the four stages of your Sage 50 Accounts qualifications!
- 180-day Sage 50 Software is included in your course.
- Learn and understand how to use Sage Accounts software.
- Use the software and put everything you learn into practise.
- Express delivery is available, to start your training as soon as possible.
- Tutor-marked assignments and option to take exam for full qualification.
- Software runs on Windows 7 or higher computers or laptops.
Achieve your complete Sage 50 Accounts qualifications in one.
Fully accredited by Sage, these courses provide international recognition of your accounts training, allowing you to demonstrate a high level of knowledge on your CV to future employers.
Up to 2 years.
Approximately 320 hours.
You will receive your Sage Level 1, 2, 3 and 4 Certificates on completion of the Sage exams.
Tutor-marked assignments. Students will also need to complete an online Sage exam for each level of the course.
Sage 50 Accounts – Level 2
- How to enter supplier invoices and credit notes
- Post supplier payments including printing remittance advices, cheques and using e-banking
- Create and print service invoices and credit notes for customers
- Post customer receipts and understand how to manage the Sales Ledger, including disputing invoices
- Be able to post supplier payments and understand how to manage the Purchase Ledger
- How to deal with contra entries
- Posting bank and cash transactions
- Save time by using Recurring Entries
- How to interrogate data using searches to enable more accurate reporting
- How to check and safeguard data using backups
- How to correct errors
- How to post and correct Journal Entries
- Process customer payments and supplier refunds
Sage 50 Accounts – Level 1
- Be familiar with the Sage 50 Accounts user interface.
- Understand how to use password protection and how to restrict user access.
- Understand basic configuration, financial year settings, and setting up tax codes.
- Know how to create, amend and delete nominal accounts.
- Know how to create bank, cash and credit card accounts.
- Understand the role of the Chart of Accounts, and how to amend it.
- Know how to create departments.
- Know how to create, amend and delete customer and supplier accounts.
- Be able to enter opening balances for nominal, customer and supplier accounts.
Sage 50 Accounts – Level 3
- Know how to perform a bank reconciliation.
- Understand how to manage credit control, including statements and overdue letters.
- Be able to write off bad debts and perform a VAT reclaim.
- Know how to set up the fixed asset register, post depreciation journals and dispose of fixed assets.
- Understand how to post prepayments and accruals.
- Be able to produce financial reports, including the profit and loss report and balance sheet.
- Know how to set budget information and use departments for additional analysis.
- Be able to produce, check and submit a VAT return.
- Know how to prepare for, and run the year end routine.
- Be able to create multiple company accounts for associated companies or branches.
- Understand how to Integrate Sage 50 Accounts with Microsoft Office.
Sage 50 Accounts – Level 4
- Plan and maintain stock records, post opening balances and record adjustments.
- Set up multiple delivery addresses for your company, your customers and suppliers.
- Be familiar with the purchase order cycle, know how to process from entry to delivery and match and post invoices to orders.
- Understand product pricing and discount structures.
- The sales order cycle, know how to process from entry to despatch and link to other areas of Sage 50 Accounts Professional.
- Perform stock takes, process stock adjustments and deal with stock returns and stock month end journals.
- How to use the bill of materials function to assemble finished goods from stocked components.
- Product invoices and credit notes.
- Produce quotes and pro formas.
- Produce repeat invoices using recurring transactions, skeletons and duplicates.
- Know how to run a stock year-end and make global changes.
- Know how to produce foreign currency orders, create foreign currency price lists and generate Intrastat reports.
This course is assessed by written assignments, which are marked by your tutor. Students wishing to gain the full qualification will also need to complete an online Sage exam for each level of the course.
Once enrolled, you will have 2 years (6 months for each Sage 50 Level) to complete this bundle, which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 6 months of tutor support for each Sage Level, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
The course is designed for distance learning at home or at work. Students receive their course manual and study guide, plus tutor support by email.
In order to gain the full Sage qualifications, you will need to sit the online Sage exams. Upon successful completion, you will gain official Sage Level, 1, 2, 3 and 4 certificates as proof of your Sage Accounts training.
Alternatively, if you wish to study this course without official assessment, we can still provide you with a certificate of completion.
It is advised that you have some bookkeeping skills.
- Sage 50 workbook software (available as a download only – you must have an internet connection and the ability to save the software to your device)
- Comprehensive study guide
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- Ballpoint pen and highlighter
- Student study planner and notebook
- Document wallet
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- Examination fee worth £70
The Sage 50 Accounts software will only work on computers which run Windows 7 or higher, therefore Sage will not run on Windows XP. Sage software will not run on any Apple Macintosh computer. You will need to be able to download the free Sage software – (available as a download only; you must have an internet connection and the ability to save the software to your device). Please email us for full specification and compatibility details.
If you wish to gain the formal Sage qualification then yes, you will be required to sit an exam for each level of the course. However, if you would prefer to study the course without examinations, we can provide you with a certificate of completion.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.