IT and Web Design Level 5 – Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in IT – Web Design
Do you see yourself having a career in the IT industry? This IT and Web Design Level 5 course could be perfect for you.
- This course is worth up to 120 credits.
- The level 5 course is equivalent to the second year of a degree course.
This IT and Web Design Level 5 course is ideal for individuals who have completed high school education (GCSEs or equivalent) and are considering working towards university.
During this level 5 course, you will explore network security, system administration, web design, and much more.
This course provides you with the equivalent skills and education of the first two years of an undergraduate degree, at a pace that suits you.
The level 5 course is equivalent to the first year of a degree course, so upon successfully completing this course, you can move on to the level 5 course before topping up your qualifications with a full undergraduate degree through an accredited UK university. We recommend making sure your chosen university accepts these qualifications.
Up to five years.
Each module contains 40 guided learning hours of study and an additional 30-50 hours of optional study material.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in IT - Web Design (603/4793/4).
You must be at least 18 years of age to enrol onto this course and need to have completed secondary education.
Six written tutor-marked assignments..
- This unit aims to provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to establish a new techno business.
- The characteristics of entrepreneurs.
- You will gain the knowledge of network security in issues in a networked environment and the process of preventing and detection common security incidents.
- This unit will provide you with the basic concepts and principles of ASP.NET programming using C#.
- You will learn to understand how to create dynamic web pages using server-side programming techniques.
- You will gain the knowledge to administer a system in Linux and Windows.
- User and group management.
- File system management.
- Task automation.
- Shell scripting.
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) servers.
- Mail servers.
- Domain name servers.
- Files and printers sharing.
- Basic utilities and tools.
- Application management.
- Local and group policices.
- Backup policies.
- Restore policies.
- Performance tuning.
- This unit will teach you the knowledge and skills needed to use content management systems (CMS) as a tool for the creation of digital content.
- CMS roles.
- Content modelling.
- Content aggregation.
- Publication management.
- Content migration.
- This unit will provide you with the skills and knowledge of client side programming.
- Dynamic web pages that use form validation.
- Validate user input.
- Process user input at a client side.
- Dynamic navigation menu.
- Web client application.
Once enrolled, you have five years to complete your studies.
You will study this course via distance learning which means you are in control of your learning. Study when and where you choose and at a pace that suits you.
Throughout the duration of your studies, you will have access to one-to-one Skype sessions with your tutor, interactive and informative webinars and an online social learning forum to help you along your journey.
This qualification is assessed internally through tutor-marked assignments at the end of each unit.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in IT – Web Design (603/4793/4).
Qualifi are recognised as an awarding organisation by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). Their qualifications meet the demands of employers and learners both vocationally and academically. Qualifi allow learners to achieve degrees and masters degrees through their progression routes with universities.
Meanwhile, Online Business School offer learning pathways for you with a fast track through to a UK university qualification, either on campus or online learning.
They work with Ofqual-recognised awarding organisations for the verification of our programmes. These standards ensure that people who study an Online Business School course receive a high-level quality education alongside a certificate that is recognised universally by universities and employers.
You must be at least 18 years of age and have completed secondary school education.
You will have five years from enrolment to complete this course.
- Expert personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.