Introduction to Web Design Level 3
Do you want to combine your creative skills with technical knowledge to build new websites?
- Develop your fundamental theoretical knowledge and enhance your basic practical skills.
- Outline the role of a web designer, its requirements and responsibilities.
- Contextualise students' work within the broader history and future of web design.
- Develop the ability to plan, develop, design and deliver a simple website.
- Provide a basic knowledge of HTML and CSS, sufficient to facilitate further learning.
Maybe you’d love to become a self-employed web designer? Or create a website for your own business? Then our introduction to web design course can help you!
Develop your skills and knowledge with an award-winning distance learning provider from the comfort of your own home and become that one step closer in knowing how to design websites!
This course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by post or email making it simple and hassle-free.
All of the materials will be provided to you via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you a full years’ worth of support and advice to help get you through your course!
Up to one year.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary.
Access to a computer and a working internet connection.
- The role of a web designer
- Purposes of establishing a website
- Identifying different types of websites
- The core tools of a web designer
- Key terminology in web design
- Development of websites
- Changing role of websites
- Impact of technological change on web design
- Exploring the history of a website
- The future of web design
- Core features of web design
- Explore key web design software
- Understanding user experience
- Legal practice requirements
- Understanding HTML
- The role of HTML in web design
- Applying core tags
- Strengths and weaknesses of HTML-only webpages
- Creating a simple HTML Page
- Applying presentation tags
- Characteristics of a finished HTML page
- Function of CSS in web design
- External and internal style sheets
- Inline CSS
- Using CSS syntax
- Create a webpage using CSS
- Creating a simple website plan
- Applying CSS and HTML
- Different types of web hosting
- Getting your site online
This course is assessed by a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
This course will take you 12 months to complete. You are in control of your learning and are free to study in your own time and at a pace that suits you.
This course will allow you to work at home or at work. All materials for the course will be received via email. You will also get tutor support by email.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
Students will require access to a computer and a working internet connection in order to study this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year (12 months) to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Comprehensive study guide
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course, you will be awarded your Introduction to Web Design certificate.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.