IT and E-commerce Level 4 and Level 5
Do you see yourself making a career in the IT industry? These Level 4 and 5 IT and E-Commerce courses could be perfect for you.
- This course is worth 240 credits.
- The level 4 and 5 course package isequivalent to the first and second year of a degree course.
This IT and Networking Level 4 and 5 course is ideal for individuals who have completed high school education (GCSEs or equivalent) and are considering working towards a university degree.
During the Level 4 course, you will explore the purpose of computer systems, software engineering, IT and society, and much more.
Meanwhile, during the Level 5 course, you will explore network security, system administration, Business to Consumer (B2C) E-commerce, and much more.
This course provides you with the equivalent skills and education of the first two years of an undergraduate degree, at a pace that suits you.
This level 4 and 5 course is equivalent to the first and second year of a degree course, so upon successfully completing this course, you can top up your qualifications with a full undergraduate degree through an accredited UK university. We recommend making sure your chosen university accepts these qualifications.
Up to five years.
Each module contains 40 guided learning hours of study and an additional 30-50 hours of optional study material.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Qualifi Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology and a Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in IT and E-Commerce.
You must be at least 18 years of age to enrol onto this course and need to have completed secondary education.
Six written assignments at level 4 and six written assignments at level 5.
- You will develop your understanding of the integration of hardware and software components.
- You will use different tools and techniques to design, implement, and test programmes, following the system life cycle.
- This unit will develop your understanding of database systems and data analysis and modelling.
- You will gain an understanding of the need for software engineering and the different methods and techniques.
- This unit provides an understanding of IS concepts and how they relate organisation needs in respect of business processes and transformation of information.
- You will explore the role of e-commerce in the modern world and in particular, the identification of aims and objectives within a business and the design issues arising from the definition of requirements.
- This unit examines the impact of technology on society and explores trends and changes created. It will examine management issues and potential conflicts in terms of security and data management.
- You will explore elements of project management key to the successful development and implementation of specific IT projects.
- This unit focuses on understanding concepts of information systems and how they support business needs in terms of information processing and data processing.
- You will gain the knowledge and skills needed to design a network, i.e. how to scale and connect different networks to form an effective inter-connecting network.
- The unit covers hierarchal network design; gathering network requirements; identifying network performance issues.
- This unit aims to provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to establish a new techno business.
- The characteristics of entrepreneurs.
- You will gain the knowledge of network security in issues in a networked environment and the process of preventing and detection common security incidents.
- This unit will provide you with the basic concepts and principles of ASP.NET programming using C#.
- You will learn to understand how to create dynamic web pages using server-side programming techniques.
- You will gain the knowledge to administer a system in Linux and Windows.
- User and group management.
- File system management.
- Task automation.
- Shell scripting.
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) servers.
- Mail servers.
- Domain name servers.
- Files and printers sharing.
- Basic utilities and tools.
- Application management.
- Local and group policies.
- Backup policies.
- Restore policies.
- Performance tuning.
- You will be provided the knowledge of business to consumer e-commerce.
- The concepts and techniques used in mobile e-commerce and ticketing.
- The psychology of marketing.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) in image recognition.
- Social commerce.
- This unit will provide you with the knowledge of business to business (B2B) e-commerce.
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
- Online transaction processing.
- Inventory management systems.
- Supply chain management.
Once enrolled, you have five years to complete your studies.
You will study this course via distance learning which means you are in control of your learning. Study when and where you choose and at a pace that suits you.
Throughout the duration of your studies, you will have access to one-to-one Skype sessions with your tutor, interactive and informative webinars and an online social learning forum to help you along your journey.
This qualification is assessed internally through tutor-marked assignments at the end of each unit.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Qualifi Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology (603/4781/8) and Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in IT – E-Commerce (603/4794/6).
Qualifi are recognised as an awarding organisation by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). Their qualifications meet the demands of employers and learners both vocationally and academically. Qualifi allow learners to achieve degrees and masters degrees through their progression routes with universities.
Meanwhile, Online Business School offer learning pathways for you with a fast track through to a UK university qualification, either on campus or online learning.
They work with OFQUAL-recognised awarding organisations for the verification of our programmes. These standards ensure that people who study an Online Business School course receive a high-level quality education alongside a certificate that is recognised universally by universities and employers.
You must be at least 18 years of age and have completed secondary school education.
You will have five years from enrolment to complete this course.
- Expert personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
That’s not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563100 and they’ll do their best to help.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.