Animal Behaviour Level 3
Animal behaviourists enjoy a diverse range of career opportunities, ranging from zookeeping and professional pet training, right through to wildlife conservation and academic research.
- Gain a clear understanding of animal behaviour.
- Understand the key theories that have influenced studies in this area.
- Develop a working knowledge of behaviour observation methods.
- Gain an understanding of animal behaviour in a wide range of animals and contexts.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or via email, you choose. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
You will have more than enough time to complete your course so you can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Home learning is simple and stress-free, so enrol with us today!
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 80 hours.
You will receive a certificate of achievement in Animal Behaviour Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- What is animal behaviour?
- The study of animal behaviour
- Methods and recording
- The food chain
- Evolutionary arms race
- Adaptations to capture prey
- Luring prey
- Crypsis (Camouflage, transparency, sleep cycles)
- How animals communicate
- Competition from other species
- Communication and the senses
- Visual displays
- Group or solitary?
- Hierarchy systems in group living animals
- Attracting a potential mate
- Mating systems and parental responsibility
- Monogamy and polygyny
- Mating systems
- What is domestication?
- How does domestication change the animal?
- Hormones and their effects
- Abnormal behaviours
- Simple learning theories
- Animal learning in training
- Human influence
- Ethics in training and the welfare of animals
- Animal intelligence
- Training animals
You will be assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to and marked by your tutor.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 80 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK).
The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards your Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector.
The course itself has been designed by Open Study College to meet specific learners’ or employers’ requirements. The course has been endorsed by TQUK. This means Open Study College have undergone external quality checks to ensure that the organisation and the courses’ it offers meet a high standard. Regular reviews of our courses are carried out as part of the endorsement process.
The course depth and study has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This course is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
No. Your certification is issued based on your coursework alone.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Open Study College pen and highlighter
- * Student study planner
- * Student notebook
- * Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. Everything you need is included in the price.
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded your certification.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.