Anger and Aggression Management Level 3
Develop your knowledge of anger and aggression management in this level 3 course from home!
- Define, explain and evaluate theories of aggression.
- Explain possible causes of anger and aggression.
- Define and explain what is meant by stress, worry and anxiety.
- Describe the physical and psychological consequences of anger.
- Examine the effects of challenging behaviour.
- Understand the risks of violence and aggression.
- Consider the impact of aggression on others.
- Identify what can be done to prevent or control the risk.
- Understand how to interpret aspects of body language.
- Discuss treatment and support for those affected by aggression management issues.
This course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by post or email making it simple and hassle-free.
All of the materials will be delivered to you, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you a full years’ worth of support and advice to help get you through your course!
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 80 hours.
You will receive a certificate of achievement in Anger and Aggression Management Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Anger and aggression management
- Biological explanations of anger
- Psychological explanations of anger
- Explanations of anger
- Define what is meant by stress, anxiety and worry
- How stress, anxiety and worry can impact daily lives
- Physical consequences of stress, anxiety and worry
- Psychological consequences of stress, anxiety and worry
- Challenging behaviour and examples
- Circumstances in which challenging behaviour might become apparent
- How challenging behaviour can be assessed
- Strategies utilised to bring about positive behaviour
- Risk factors
- How risks are associated with anger
- Identify circumstances that might be considered ‘risky’
- Identifying risk to prevent anger and aggression
- How anger is perceived within families
- Managing someone’s aggressive tendencies
- How mediation and mindfulness may help to suppress aggression
- Promoting a positive family environment
- How medication can control or eliminate anger
- Approaches in counselling
- Effects of counselling and medication on those with anger issues
- Strategies of anger management
This course is assessed by a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
You will have up to 1 year to complete your course. Throughout this time you will receive full tutor support. This gives you plenty of time to complete your course.
You will study this course through distance learning, which means you can learn at a time and place to suit you. Your course materials will be delivered to you by post, so receiving your course is easy and hassle-free. Tutor support is also available by email, so help is only a click away! You will send your assignments to your tutor for marking. Assignments can be sent by email or post, it’s up to you!
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK).
The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards your Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector.
The course itself has been designed by Open Study College to meet specific learners’ or employers’ requirements. The course has been endorsed by TQUK. This means Open Study College have undergone external quality checks to ensure that the organisation and the courses’ it offers meet a high standard. Regular reviews of our courses are carried out as part of the endorsement process.
The course depth and study has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual.
No qualifications or skills are needed to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Open Study College pen and highlighter
- * Student study planner
- * Student notebook
- * Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded your Anger and Aggression Management Level 3 Certificate.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.