Anger and Aggression Management Level 3
Learn how you can support those struggling to control their emotions with this Anger and Aggression Management course.
- Develop your understanding of anger and aggression and how it can be managed with this course.
- Learn more about what causes anger and aggression.
- Study from home at your own pace.
This Anger and Aggression Management course is a knowledge-only course that will help you to understand how you can support people in managing their anger and aggression. This course is ideal for anyone working in a health and social care role who may encounter challenging behaviour, or anyone looking to improve their understanding for either professional or personal reasons.
During this course, you will explore topics such as the psychological and biological explanations for anger, strategies to encourage positive behaviour, and the impact of anger and aggression on families.
Up to one year.
Approximately 80 hours.
You will receive a certificate of achievement in Anger and Aggression Management Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Anger and aggression management
- Biological explanations of anger
- Psychological explanations of anger
- Explanations of anger
- Define what is meant by stress, anxiety, and worry
- How stress, anxiety and worry can impact daily lives
- Physical consequences of stress, anxiety, and worry
- Psychological consequences of stress, anxiety, and worry
- Challenging behaviour and examples
- Circumstances in which challenging behaviour might become apparent
- How challenging behaviour can be assessed
- Strategies utilised to bring about positive behaviour
- Risk factors
- How risks are associated with anger
- Identify circumstances that might be considered ‘risky’
- Identifying risk to prevent anger and aggression
- How anger is perceived within families
- Managing someone’s aggressive tendencies
- How mediation and mindfulness may help to suppress aggression
- Promoting a positive family environment
- How medication can control or eliminate anger
- Approaches in counselling
- Effects of counselling and medication on those with anger issues
- Strategies of anger management
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 80 hours to complete. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
The study method you choose depends on your personal learning style. Your options are:
- Study pack: if you choose the study pack option, you will be sent a set of printed course materials.
- Study online: if you choose this option, you will be sent your login details to our online portal through which you will access your course materials digitally. You can access your course via a desktop/laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a certificate of achievement in Anger and Aggression Management awarded by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK).
The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards your Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector.
The course itself has been designed by Open Study College to meet specific learners’ or employers’ requirements. The course has been endorsed by TQUK. This means Open Study College has undergone external quality checks to ensure that the organisation and the courses’ it offers meet a high standard. Regular reviews of our courses are carried out as part of the endorsement process.
The depth and study of this course has been benchmarked at level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated learner services from our learner services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
You will complete your assignments from home and send your work to your tutor for them to mark. They will return the assignment to you once they have marked it with detailed feedback and pointers for your next assignment.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.