A Level Environmental Science
Study A Level Environmental Science from the comfort of your own home and choose when to take your exams. A convenient and stress-free way to study that fits around your existing commitments.
- Gain up to 56 UCAS points to help you land your dream place at university
- Explore the living and physical environment
- Develop your understanding in the need to provide food and forest resources for a growing human population
- Study at your own pace with no strict deadlines to contend with
Simply receive your course materials online or by post and start studying to gain that all-important A Level. You will be responsible for booking your exams.
Up to 2 years.
A Level in Environmental Science (you must take the A Level exam to achieve this).
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Fieldwork and 2 paper-based exams.
Specification: AQA 7447
- Conditions for life on Earth
- Conservation of biodiversity
- Life processes in the biosphere and conservation planning
- Opportunities for skills development and independent thinking
- The hydrosphere
- Mineral resources
- Biogeochemical cycles
- The importance of energy supplies in the development of society
- The impact of the features of energy resources
- The sustainability of current energy resource exploitation
- Strategies to secure future energy supplies
- New energy conservation technologies
- The properties of pollutants
- Strategies to control pollutants
- Ionising radiation
- Solid wastes
- Heavy metals
- Acid mine drainage
- Nutrient pollution
- Sustainability of agriculture
- Aquatic food production systems
- Forest resources
- Dynamic equilibria
- Material cycles
- The circular economy
- Scientific methodologies
- Sampling techniques
- Specialist techniques
- Fieldwork and laboratory activities
- Standard environmental techniques