Why only 2% of applicants get an interview – How you can be one of them
February 21, 2017 / Sharnie Carter
On average an advertised job receives around 250 CV’s. Out of those, only 2% will make it through to the interview stage – that’s 5 people! With the rigorous competition to gain a new job, you’ll need to make sure you stand out from the crowd and market yourself well to employers. And here’s how you can…
Gain a qualification and prove your knowledge
Does this candidate have the correct qualifications for the job? Is the first question a recruiter asks themselves when looking at a CV. If you haven’t got what they want don’t expect to hear anything back.
Employers need to know that you have the skills and knowledge needed for you to complete the job to the best of your ability. A strong workforce is a vital part of a business, so they’re going to choose the person that’s most qualified.
And this is where Open Study College can help you!
We offer a range of courses accredited by industry-recognised awarding bodies including AAT, CACHE, A-Levels and more, so you can feel confident in studying a qualification employers want.
Why enrol with Open Study College?
- Over 50,000 people have improved their skills with us
- Trusted qualifications including A-levels and iGCSEs
- Expert award-winning online tutor support
- Study from home, at your own pace
- Accredited by the British Institute for Learning & Development
- Accredited by Open and Distance Learning Quality Council
- FREE NUS Extra Card
- FREE CV writing service by our Recruitment Consultant