Reflexology QLS Level 3
Are you interested in learning about reflexology? Study our reflexology course from home!
- Reflexology is an alternative therapy which originated in China over 5000 years ago.
- Reflexology treatments focus on the hands and feet, applying gentle pressure to specific areas believed to be associated with other parts of the body and its energy pathways.
- Alternative therapies such as reflexology have become increasingly popular in recent years, becoming more widely available at spas, wellness centres and salons.
- This course is perfect for therapists who want to offer additional services to increase their business and skills.
The course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by either post or email making it easier and hassle-free.
All of the materials will be delivered to you or sent to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you advice and helping you through your course.
Up to one year
Approximately 80 hours
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Relevant legislations
- Prepare the working area
- How to prevent infection and cross contamination
- Key requirements of personal presentation
- Contra-indications that may prevent or restrict treatment
- The importance of conducting consultations before every treatment
- Methods of communication
- Ethics and codes of conduct
- Professional bodies and understand the key points associated with reflexology
- The importance of positive working relationships with other professionals
- Describe the structure of the feet, ankles and legs
- Describe the structure of the hands and arms
- Consultation techniques
- Consult with clients to confirm their requirements and state objectives
- Contraindications to reflexology treatment
- Differentiate between those contraindications to reflexology that would prevent a treatment and those contraindications that restrict treatment
- The possible contra-actions to reflexology treatment and advise clients on the course of action to follow should they arise
- The benefits of reflexology treatment
- The effects of stress
- Visually assess your client’s feet
- Reflexology techniques and a full reflexology treatment adhering to professional codes of conduct
- The appropriate movements for reflexology treatment
- Describe how reflexology techniques can be adapted to suit the physical characteristics of a client
- Review the reflexology treatment and draw conclusions from findings for further treatment recommendations
- Record treatment and store information securely in line with current legislation
- The importance of giving appropriate home care/aftercare advice after treatment
The Reflexology course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor. No external examination is required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 80 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
The course is designed for distance learning at home or at work. Students receive their course manual and study guide, plus personal tutor support by email.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- Comprehensive study guide*
- Open Study College pen and highlighter*
- Student study planner*
- Student notebook*
- Document wallet*
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.