CompTIA Network+ Certification N10-007
Take your IT skills to the next level with a qualification that’s valued in the IT industry worldwide.
- This CompTIA Network+ N10-007 (2018) Certification will provide you with the skills required to implement a defined network architecture with basic network security.
- Study at your own pace, in your own environment – no deadlines or timetables!
Join the 90,000 students who have enrolled with Open Study College today and improve your skill set within the IT Industry with an accredited award.
Up to 12 months.
You will receive a CompTIA Network+ Certification N10-007 Certificate of Completion.
CompTIA A+ certification or equivalent experience and at least one year of experience supporting TCP/IP networks.
- Basic networking: basic networking
- OSI model: devices, applications, protocols, and services at their appropriate OSI layers
- Protocols and Ports: the purposes and uses of ports and protocols
- Switching: the concepts and characteristics of switching
- Routing: the concepts and characteristics of routing.
- Advanced switching and routing concepts: IPv6 and performance concepts
- IP addressing: configuring the appropriate IP addressing components
- Network types and topologies: characteristics of network topologies, types and technologies
- Wireless technologies: implementing the appropriate wireless technologies and configurations
- Cloud concepts: cloud concepts, models, services and their purposes.
- Network services: the functions of network services
- Cabling solutions: deploying the appropriate cabling solution
- Network device placement and installation: determining the appropriate placement of networking devices on a network and install/configure them
- Advanced network devices: the purposes and use cases for advanced networking devices
- Virtualization and network storage technologies: the purposes of virtualization and network storage technologies
- WAN technologies: service types, configuration and termination
- Documentation: using appropriate documentation and diagrams to manage the network
- Business continuity and disaster recovery: availability concepts, recovery and SLA requirements
- Scanning, monitoring, and patching: common scanning, monitoring and patching processes and summarize their expected outputs
- Remote access methods: using remote access methods
- Policies and best practices: on-boarding and off-boarding procedures, password policies, privileged user agreement
- Physical security devices: the purposes of physical security devices
- Authentication and access control: authentication and access controls
- Basic wireless network security: secure a basic wireless network
- Common network attacks: understand common networking attacks
- Network device hardening: implementing network device hardening
- Common mitigation techniques: common mitigation techniques and their purposes
- Network troubleshooting methodology: understand network troubleshooting methodology
- Using the appropriate tools: using the appropriate tools, including hardware and software
- Troubleshoot wired connectivity and performance: troubleshooting common wired connectivity and performance issues
- Troubleshoot wireless connectivity and performance: troubleshooting common wireless connectivity and performance issues
- Troubleshoot common network service issues: troubleshooting common network service issues such as incorrect IP addresses, gateways, netmasks and server issues
To receive the full CompTIA A+ 220-1001 certification, you will need to complete an exam. Exams are held at Pearson Vue centres and cost approximately £100.
With this flexible home learning course, you can fast-forward, rewind or repeat all the online classes so you can go at your own pace with no strict deadlines. You have a full 12 months to complete the course.
This blended learning solution offers a highly interactive and engaging learning environment with video demonstrations, multimedia presentations and educational games to assist with your study. Fun quizzes and exam simulations after each module reinforce your confidence and aid progression to the next stage. This course also includes the use of social networking forums, so you chat and gain friendly advice and support from other students.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a CompTIA Network+ Certification N10-007 Certificate of Completion, so you can showcase your achievement to future employers.
- CompTIA A+ certification or equivalent experience
- At least one year of experience supporting TCP/IP networks
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
To receive the full CompTIA certification, you will need to sit an exam, at the cost of around £100 at a Pearson Vue centre.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.