Manicure and Pedicure with Practical Training
Become an expert in manicure and pedicure in this one-day practical course!
- Understand the health and safety procedures of working in beauty.
- Study the importance of customer service.
- Learn how to apply a professional manicure and pedicure on a one day practical.
This course will allow you to study the convenient way! You decide when and where you learn, at your own pace. Your coursework can be submitted by either post or email, making it easy and hassle-free.
You will attend an exciting manicure and pedicure practical day, to gain those professional skills! You have the choice of over 20 centres to choose from to take your practical training days.
Up to 1 year.
Certificate of achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor-marked assignments and practical training day.
- Identify the hazards and evaluate the risks in your workplace
- Reduce the risks to health and safety in the workplace
- Understand how to ensure that you reduce health and safety risks
- Identify ways to improve personal performance at work
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Understand salon roles, procedures and targets
- Identify and promote additional services or products that are available
- Know the relevant legislation for the sale of goods
- Maintain a successful reception area
- Deal with enquires
- Book appointments
- Take payments
- Work safely and hygienically when providing manicure and pedicure treatments
- Perform an effective client consultation
- Understand contraindications and how they make restrict or prevent a treatment
- Understand the anatomy and physiology that relates to manicure and pedicure
- Understand manicure and pedicure services, techniques and products
- Provide aftercare advice to clients
- A skilled educator will take you through the principle techniques of manicure and pedicure
- You will then have to put your knowledge to practice and apply your own manicure and pedicure treatment
- Nail polish application is covered during this practical
- Health and safety, anatomy and physiology and contraindications will also be covered
The theory part of this course will be assessed through a series of written assignments, which will be sent and marked by your tutor. Your coursework must be completed before you can proceed onto the practical day training.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
The course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. Students receive a course manual, assignments and tutor support for the home study part of the course and will also need to attend a practical training day, in which you have a choice of over 20 centres to choose from throughout the UK in major cities.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
For the practical day, students will also receive a Salon Services Manicure and pedicure Certificate accredited by Associated Beauty Therapists. This will give you 9 CPD points.
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
ABT Beauty Insurance provides total insurance solutions for beauticians, salons, students and other treatments at incredible rates. You will join over 12,000 other therapists and be part of the UK’s leading membership and insurance provider.
No previous skills or knowledge is needed to enrol onto this course. You will receive a kit which will be delivered to you when you are booked onto this practical. You need to bring this with you on the day.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This course is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
Once you have passed your written assignments, you may book your practical day. You have the choice of over 20 centres to choose from to take your practical training days. Simply call us whenever you’re ready and we’ll help arrange this for you. Your practical day does require a kit, which is why we will send this out to you once you are booked onto your practical day.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- One day practical training
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE Practical day kit (This will be sent out to you when you have booked your practical day)
- Comprehensive study guide*
- Open Study College pen and highlighter*
- Student study planner*
- Student notebook*
- Document wallet*
* Not included with the online study option
No. We will issue your certification based on your coursework and practical sessions.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.