Indian Head Massage QLS Level 3
Are you a beauty therapist looking to offer more to your clients? Then this Indian Head Massage QLS Level 3 is the course for you.
- Develop a professional understanding of anatomy and physiology required for massages.
- Learn the history and benefits of this Ayurveda treatment.
- Know the health and safety knowledge required to perform the treatment confidently.
- Explore the oils that are traditionally used for the treatment.
Indian head massage, as the name suggests, originates in India but has grown popular in Western cultures due to its simplicity and its ability to be performed anywhere and everywhere.
Also known as Champissage, Indian head massage mainly uses circular massage strokes to focus on massaging acupressure points along the head, neck, and shoulders.
You’ll gain essential knowledge of anatomy, massage techniques and components, and how to conduct a client consultation, allowing you to expand your services.
Up to one year.
You will receive your certificate of achievement in Indian Head Massage.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Bone classification
- Bones of the head, face, neck and shoulders
- Structure of the skin and hair
- The origins and benefits of Indian head massage
- The techniques and products used in Indian head massage
- Equipment, oils, and towels
- What are contraindications?
- Local and total contraindications
- Modifications to massage
- Client consultation and aftercare advice
- Assessing the client
- What information should I use?
- Client history forms
- Pain assessment
- Case studies
- Before you begin
- Massage environment
- Massage positions and sequence
- Stroke variations
- Upper arms
- Health and safety
- Massage stance
- Before you go onto your practical day you will have to have completed the Anatomy and Physiology Theory part of the course. This is essential for your practical training day. This will cover all the anatomy and physiology required for the Level 2 and 3 National Occupational Standards (NOS) for beauty, nails and holistic therapy treatments. It will require all-day classroom attendance and the rest is studied online.
This course will be assessed through a series of written assignments, which will be sent and marked by your tutor.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
The course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. Students receive a course manual, assignments, and tutor support for the home study part of the course.
The anatomy course requires a half-day of classroom attendance to receive your study materials and the rest will be completed online.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of achievement in Indian Head Massage.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
Completion of the Anatomy and Physiology course will result in a recognised Anatomy certificate required for practising massage and beauty treatments and for being eligible for professional insurance. This course will cover all of the anatomy & physiology required for the Level 2 and 3 National Occupational Standards (NOS) for beauty, nails and holistic therapy treatments.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto our Indian Head Massage Level 3 course and the Anatomy and Physiology theory.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This course is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated learner services
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- Comprehensive study guide*
- Open Study College pen and highlighter*
- Student notebook*
* Not included with the online study option
In addition, you will also have access to a Student Trade Card. This gives you access to trade prices, high-quality products that would ordinarily only be available to professionals, exclusive offers and promotions on certain products, PLUS VAT free events throughout the year!
The Anatomy and Physiology theory part of this course will require you to take an online exam.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your tutor to mark and send back to you.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.