How To Study An ICB Course From Home
Study from home with courses from the World’s largest bookkeeping institute – ICB.
If you want a professional job and secure income, bookkeeping is a solid career pathway with real opportunities. Open Study College is proud to offer top-quality training courses from the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers for you to study from the comfort of your own home. Becoming a bookkeeper has never been simpler.
Why become a bookkeeper?
- Every organisation requires bookkeepers, also known as accounts clerks, to run efficiently and within budget – whether in the private, public or charity sector. This makes bookkeeping a key skill which is constantly in demand.
- Bookkeepers can work in small family companies and medium-sized businesses, or large multinational organisations, in practically any industry. This means qualified bookkeepers can enjoy a diverse and rewarding career development.
- Bookkeeping is a flexible career, with many possibilities of working full-time, part-time, in-house, for a bookkeeping agency, freelance, or even as your own boss!
- Working as a bookkeeper enables you to develop a thorough knowledge of financial accounts for businesses, so it’s a great foundation for career development opportunities in business and finance.
- Bookkeeping Courses from The Institute Of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB)
- The ICB is the world’s largest bookkeeping institute with over 150,000 members worldwide.
- Completed ICB students are eligible for professional-grade membership to the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) and may use professional letters (MICB) after their name.
- ICB promotes and maintains the standard of bookkeeping as a profession by establishing relevant vocational qualifications with leading industry professionals.
- ICB membership offers members useful facilities – including online job vacancy searches, an online bookkeepers forum, and a technical advice line for practical bookkeeping queries.
Studying from home: how it works
Distance learning is fast becoming one of the most convenient and popular ways to become a bookkeeper. With Open Study College, you can study to become a bookkeeper from home, work or just about anywhere.
Study at your own pace
You can enrol on ICB Bookkeeping courses with Open Study College at any time of year and start studying within a few working days. You can submit assignments whenever you like, without the pressure of deadlines. Distance learning means that you can complete your studies at any pace, virtually anywhere, to suit your lifestyle.
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers is an international bookkeeping organisation with established offices in the UK, Australia, South East Asia, Africa, and Eastern Europe and over 150,000 members. All ICB qualifications are globally recognised for their excellence and status in the bookkeeping industry worldwide. Studying to become an ICB certified bookkeeper affirms the quality of your training and is an ideal way to stand out from the crowd when applying for bookkeeping jobs.
Expert tutor support
All bookkeeping tutors at Open Study College are highly qualified, with proven expertise in bookkeeping, both theoretically and practically Our friendly tutors will offer you one-to-one academic support by email, and you can contact them whenever you like, usually receiving a response with feedback in 24 hours. They will help you to progress throughout your bookkeeping training with manageable learning activities and assessments. We also have a dedicated Learner Services team for you to contact with administrative queries. Whatever you need when studying with us, there will always be someone available to help.
High-quality course materials
All our course packs come with high-quality course booklets with clear, concise sections to help you practise and achieve in each topic. All our ICB courses come with a calculator, and for Computerised Bookkeeping courses, we also include Sage 50 Workbook software at no extra cost, helping you to learn using real bookkeeping software.
Exams and assessment
All ICB qualifications are assessed by examinations, most of which can be completed on a home computer (with the exception of the Manual Bookkeeping Levels II and III, which are sat at an exam centre). Both the home and centre-based examinations are available to take every week of the year, so you can be assessed whenever you feel ready, with no added pressure. If you need to take a centre-based assessment, we can help you choose a location near to you from a choice of over 5200 worldwide exam centres. This means that our students become qualified bookkeepers in a way that fits in with their family, lifestyle and others commitments.
Why Open Study College?
- Open Study College is an award-nominated, Accredited Training Provider of ICB courses.
- ICB Luca Awards 2013: Nominated Training Provider of the Year.
- ICB Luca Awards 2013: Nominated for Bookkeeping Tutor of the Year.
- Accredited by the European Association of Distance Learning (EADL).
- Accredited by the Open and Distance Learning Quality Council (ODLQC).
- Great flexibility: no deadlines, expert tutor support and examinations to suit you.
- Our ICB course packs include free student membership to the ICB (worth £50).
- FREE Sage 50 Workbook software included in Computerised Bookkeeping courses.
- Up to 58% discount available on bundle courses.
What our students have to say...
“I am really enjoying your course. Your study manuals are well written and easy to follow.”
Helen Zeederberg studied – ICB Computerised Bookkeeping Level 2
“So far everything is going really well. I asked my tutor a question fairly late on a Friday evening not expecting answer until Monday and she got back to me later that evening. The course seems well laid out and I am enjoying it so far.”
Katharine Player studied – ICB Bookkeeping Complete
“I am really glad I chose to study with Open Study College. The coursework has been really easy to follow, giving everything you need to know in a very compact and efficient way. The tutor support has been very good with speedy responses to my assignments even when I was running at top speed to move through the coursework as quickly as possible. The coursework built in logical steps so that my knowledge grew in the areas I was studying and also as part of the bigger picture. I sailed through the first ICB exam and the course materials material and support provided by Open Study College gave me the confidence to progress further in my studies. I am now looking forward to the two computerised elements of the bookkeeping course.”
Lee Chapman studied ICB Bookkeeping Complete
“I think this is a really good course as I have a 10 month old baby, so I’m pleased you can do this as and when you can. I feel I’m learning lots already too.”
Sarah May studied ICB Bookkeeping Complete
“Study materials are very comprehensive and easy to use. I like the idea of assignments that are marked by my tutor who can then help me improve on my weaker areas. The tutor is always available by email if help is needed, which is great.”
Victoria Barnes studied ICB Bookkeeping Complete