NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines
Boost your knowledge with this NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines.
- Achieve a nationally recgonised NCFE CACHE qualification.
- Gain essential knowledge of the different types of medication and how they are classified, plus the legislation relating to medication.
- Study from home at your own pace.
- FREE access to the CACHE Alumni membership for two years.
This NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines has been created for those currently working in a health or social care role who wants to develop their understanding of how to handle medicines safely.
During this course, you’ll learn the correct ways to supply, store, and dispose of medication in a safe manner and the legislation and guidance relating to the safe administration of medication. You will also expand your knowledge of how to record information in a confidential manner and the audit process in relation to transactions and stock levels.
Up to one year.
Approximately 110 hours.
You will receive your NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Qualification Number: 501/0037/3
- Use of different types of medication
- Understand how medicines are classified
- Legislation and guidelines related to medication
- The roles of self and others in the medication process
- Accessing information about medication
- How medicines are supplied and obtained
- Requirements for storing medication
- Requirements for the safe disposal of medication
- Legislation and guidance in relation to administration of medicine
- Preparation to be taken prior to administering medication
- How medication is administered safely and in a way that meets individual needs
- Supporting individuals to administer their own medication
- The procedures to follow when there are problems with the administration of medication
- Monitoring the effects of medication
- Audit process in relation to medication transactions and stock levels
- How information is recorded and confidentiality maintained
- Own role in relation to accountability and responsibility
- The importance of safeguarding individuals in relation to medication use
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
This course will take approximately 110 hours to complete. You will receive a full year to complete the course, which is a lot more time than you will need. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
The study method you choose depends on your personal learning style. Your options are:
- Study pack: if you choose the study pack option, you will be sent a set of printed course materials.
- Study online: if you choose this option, you will be sent your login details to our online portal through which you will access your course materials digitally. You can access your course via a desktop/laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will achieve an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines.
CACHE became part of NCFE in 2015.
CACHE (The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education) are the leading industry specialists in providing qualifications that specialise in the care and education sector. This course has been developed by experts to ensure that all requirements and skills are covered.
CACHE Alumni membership
Once you have enrolled on your CACHE course, you will have access to the CACHE Alumni membership for two years. CACHE Alumni is a professional membership network for those who work in the care, health, and education industries, providing valuable resources and advice for your studies when working towards/with a CACHE qualification.
You do not need any previous knowledge or skills to enrol on this qualification. However, you must be at least 18 years of age to study this course and you may find it helpful if you have already completed a level 1 qualification.
- Expert personal tutor support.
- Dedicated student support.
- Assignment marking and feedback.
- FREE CV critique service and employability guide to help you impress future employers.
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership.
- FREE CACHE Alumni Membership for two years.
- *Study pack including notebook, pen, and highlighter.
*Not included with the online study option.
You do not need to be working to enrol on this course.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.